Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 PM

31 posts, read 32,006 times

Advertisements

Note that I reply in a matter of seconds my english is fine relax now.
Thank you 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
I guess spellcheck couldn't have caught that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
well little girl .........the treatment you are getting here is pretty mild compared to what you can expect from the real world when you are scratching for a buck and a little respect ......no one is going to let you explain yourself........ let alone cut you any slack out there or feel sorry for you .........believe me its a tough world ...........prepare yourself ...........dont just show up with a dream ..............make a good plan and dont rely on other people to take care of you ................... ok?

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 03-02-2015 at 09:14 PM..

Old 03-02-2015, 09:33 PM

Yeah I know the life i live now is hard their is nobody helping me but my mother im on here because I want a better life im researching with my time trying to get any information

I can you dont got to talk to me like im a kid i grew up a long time ago but sometimes its nice to dream a little and think big.

[Q)UOTE=pdxMIKEpdx;38663508]well little girl .........the treatment you are getting here is pretty mild compared to what you can expect from the real world when you are scratching for a buck and a little respect ......no one is going to let you explain yourself........ let alone cut you any slack out there or feel sorry for you .........believe me its a tough world ...........prepare yourself ...........dont just show up with a dream ..............make a good plan and dont rely on other people to take care of you ................... ok?[/quote]

Old 03-03-2015, 11:21 AM

679 posts, read 877,108 times
bmoon, you're doing the right thing by postponing your move. That decision alone demonstrates a level of maturity that a lot of young people don't have at your age. Move out of your mother's house and learn how to live on your own in your own town first. You won't get stuck. Get a job and start saving. In a few years you'll have the funds and employment references to make a go of it. I don't know where you live now, but when it's time to relocate, I recommend visiting a few other cities besides Portland also. When I was 22 and fresh out of college I felt the same way you do now. I traveled around a few different cities before deciding San Francisco was the place. I started out wanting to move to San Diego but when I got there, it wasn't for me. So in case Portland is not what you remember, it would be good to have a back-up plan so you don't have to go back to wherever it is that you live now.

ps. Don't be offended by what people say here. Portland is expensive; not just for those just out of college. They are trying to save you a world of hurt. You WILL need some rather substantial savings to relocate successfully so be patient.

Good luck!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:35 PM

Thank you so much these are the kind if answers I like kind but honest. You understand how I feel and I know, when I made this post I just found outthat me and my family wont be relocating after all the build up about moving to portland coming off of staying in portland for two weeks! My mind was scattered and I was thinking rational how am I going move? I cant stay here! What am I going to do? Now that i calmed down and had some time to think about it I made a more responsable, and attainable plan to wait it out two years, gain experience, save money, etc. You hit the nail on the head I have been searching other places right now Phoenix Arizona interested me, its a lot cheaper. Honestly I just want to live somewhere else its so bad here the quality of life sucks. On the people I dont take offense I apreciate every answer but, I dont like that just because im 19 it means im dumb,naive
And immature. I didnt really get a childhood I was forced to grow up fast and be the man of the house, ever since high school I been wanting to relocate so bad and now that I am an adult its my time now. I do my research so relax thats why im on here. 😎

075]bmoon, you'r

e doing the right thing by postponing your move. That

ecision alone demonstrates a level of maturity that a lot of young people don't have at your age. Move out of your mother's house and learn how to live on your own in your own town first. You won't get stuck. Get a job and start saving. In a few years you'll have the funds and employment references to make a go of it. I don't know where you live now, but when it's time to relocate, I recommend visiting a few other cities besides Portland also. When I was 22 and fresh out of college I felt the same way you do now. I traveled around a few different cities before deciding San Francisco was the place. I started out wanting to move to San Diego but when I got there, it wasn't for me. So in case Portland is not what you remember, it would be good to have a back-up plan so you don't have to go back to where
er it is that you live now.

ps. Don't be offended by what people say here. Portland is expensive; not just for those just out of college. They are trying to save you a world of hurt. You WILL need some rather substantial savings to relocate successfully so be patient.

Good luck![/quote]

Old 03-04-2015, 09:17 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoon508 View Post
Thank you so much these are the kind if answers I like kind but honest. You understand how I feel and I know, when I made this post I just found outthat me and my family wont be relocating after all the build up about moving to portland coming off of staying in portland for two weeks! My mind was scattered and I was thinking rational how am I going move? I cant stay here! What am I going to do? Now that i calmed down and had some time to think about it I made a more responsable, and attainable plan to wait it out two years, gain experience, save money, etc. You hit the nail on the head I have been searching other places right now Phoenix Arizona interested me, its a lot cheaper. Honestly I just want to live somewhere else its so bad here the quality of life sucks. On the people I dont take offense I apreciate every answer but, I dont like that just because im 19 it means im dumb,naive
And immature. I didnt really get a childhood I was forced to grow up fast and be the man of the house, ever since high school I been wanting to relocate so bad and now that I am an adult its my time now. I do my research so relax thats why im on here. 😎
You are 19. You are not a kid. But you are not mature. It isn't your fault. But you are not mature. I get that you are using a phone but don't insult my intelligence and tell me you speak and write English just fine. You do not. Its not your fault, but you must do something about that deficit before you can compete in a job market like .... ... anywhere in this country. So... now that you have calmed down, start taking steps to get your skills to the next level. Where exactly are you anyway in California that is so bad that Phoenix looks good to you?

Old 03-04-2015, 01:39 PM

You understand everything that I am saying relax. So, now all of a sudden you know who I am, you know my maturity level, and you know that I can't speak or write English correctly? Yet, you have never heard me speak before, and you do not know me. All of your accusations are based off of my age and me typing on a forum with two thumbs in a matter of 40-80 seconds spare me with your ignorance. As for your question its so bad I rather not bring it up, just take my word on it its bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You are 19. You are not a kid. But you are not mature. It isn't your fault. But you are not mature. I get that you are using a phone but don't insult my intelligence and tell me you speak and write English just fine. You do not. Its not your fault, but you must do something about that deficit before you can compete in a job market like .... ... anywhere in this country. So... now that you have calmed down, start taking steps to get your skills to the next level. Where exactly are you anyway in California that is so bad that Phoenix looks good to you?

Last edited by bmoon508; 03-04-2015 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland