Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:23 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times

Advertisements

There's an amazing one bedroom near me in a small brick building, large, hard wood floors, in goose hollow, for $800 and comes with free parking. I think it's only been advertised via a sign in the window. Just an example.

Sounds gorgeous to me , ott (how are you , btw? )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 06:21 PM

2,430 posts, read 6,628,121 times
I'm good, just very busy!! Still coming to Portland in April?

Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Wink Portland or....?

I might have to wait until June (when I am actually retired) until my daughter is settled in her new place. But, I'll definitely be there for a visit soon. It would be ridiculous to move without even seeing the place.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:30 PM

543 posts, read 1,146,060 times
Default All Age enjoyment

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Lots of what you describe sound wonderful for twenty-somethings. Is Portland a nice place for older people , also?
To my way of thinking, towns with colleges and universities, a large number of young people and activities going on can't help but help keep the rest of the population young and active! There are art walks in the Pearl every first Thursday and other art walks at other towns around as well. Open art studios, wine tastings, groups of over 40 who regularly gather to try new restaruants, go to author presentations in local bookstores, lectures, travel groups, coffee klatches, bike and hike groups for all ages, great live music, yoga groups, "starting over" groups, etc. Check on the events section on Craigs List, Wilammette Week Happenings, etc. Farmer's Markets, cooking groups.. pretty much all kinds of activities that would be appealing to the over 40 group. Those things should give one a great start on choosing what kind of activities you'd like. Hope that helps!

Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM

5 posts, read 22,414 times
Thanks for the info on housing oldtintype...I'm sending my wife out this spring to do some scouting for us. Maybe that place next to yours will still be available....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland