Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,188 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are thinking of having our wedding in Portland. We are not locals, my fiance being from Seattle and I am from Hawaii, so we are in need of some help.
Could anyone please tell us where we might find a grove of cherry blossom trees? We want to have the ceremony under the cherry blossoms and have our reception near Portland. We are looking for a park or some property that would allow us to have a ceremony.

Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 AM

305 posts, read 1,610,038 times
I'm not sure of if you can or not, but the waterfront promenade/park in downtown Portland is lined with cherry trees that "snow" pink blossoms in the late spring. I would think you'd need to check with Portland City parks bureau to find out if you can actually wed there. I know lots of people will go there before or after the ceremony for pictures. The Portland Spirit (rentable party boat) is moored along the prominade here and is a good choice for hosting the ceremony and reception, plus you can cruise along the cherry trees.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,678 times
Check out Branch and Bloom (branchbloom.com) for a great local florist in Portland. She does great work and is very inexpensive.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:40 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,565,114 times
Check the Portland Park Bureau website for locations you might book for a wedding. Washington Park and the Pittock Mansion are beautiful. There is a park west of Beaverton that can be reserved... has a nice building for a reception. Others may know the name. Cherry trees bloom on their own schedule, don't count on perfect timing.

Outdoor weddings always have a risk of showers.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:56 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I don't think it has cherry blossoms but Tryon Creek State park has a shelter nestled in some lovely woods. You can reserve it and the park will set up tables and so forth for a minimal fee.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:48 PM

63 posts, read 222,142 times
I think that your wedding idea is incredibly romantic so I hate to be the downer, but no one else has mentioned the elephant in the room. RAIN!

The cherry trees in Portland tend to blossom around late March, early April...a notoriously wet time of year in Portland.

While it would be beautiful, the odds of hitting a spring weekend where the trees are blooming and the sky is clear will be nearly impossible.

I don’t mean to rain on your parade (pun slightly intended), but I do want you to be aware of the risks and be prepared with a backup plan if necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland