U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2015, 01:08 AM

2 posts, read 1,683 times

Advertisements

We just arrived from the SF bay area and we are needing recommendations on the best area to live.

We are between Lake Oswego and West Linn. We have seen several houses now, and we would like to know if any of you can give us any advice about the Schools in West Linn (particularly Bolton Primary School, Sunset Primary School and Rosemont Ridge Middle School) we have two sons 8 and 6 so we're interested in finding a safe family friendly area with a great community.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 12:51 PM

3,939 posts, read 4,015,256 times
I have heard great things about the West Linn schools/ community from a group of moms that that have Autustic children. Generally speaking, if an area educates its spec Ed students well then the schools are in very good shape. I don't have info on those schools but I suggest you go to their FB pages run by parents and see if you can communicate directly with parents who can steer you EXACTLY where you want to go. I am originally from SF so let we welcome you to the area. My family and I moved here almost six years a go from NYC. PM if you like.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:35 AM

241 posts, read 330,853 times
you'll have ZERO issues with West Linn schools.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:11 AM

121 posts, read 139,416 times
While I don't have alot of experience yet...I can share what I do have

We just moved here in June and both my kids will be in WL schools. My son will be at Rosemont Ridge and my daughter is just starting 9th at WLHS. So far my interactions with everyone I've met has been incredible. Everyone has been very nice and welcoming. I was shocked when I received a welcoming phone call from another parent at the middle school telling me about upcoming events and if had any questions at all, to just let her know. Never once has anyone at the other schools we attended done this. All the kids we've met so far have also been very friendly and more than willing to help with anything. Of course, we haven't started school yet but so far we are liking it .

Old 08-23-2015, 01:04 AM

609 posts, read 661,964 times
I have heard great things about west linn.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:05 AM

3,939 posts, read 4,015,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc0624 View Post
While I don't have alot of experience yet...I can share what I do have

We just moved here in June and both my kids will be in WL schools. My son will be at Rosemont Ridge and my daughter is just starting 9th at WLHS. So far my interactions with everyone I've met has been incredible. Everyone has been very nice and welcoming. I was shocked when I received a welcoming phone call from another parent at the middle school telling me about upcoming events and if had any questions at all, to just let her know. Never once has anyone at the other schools we attended done this. All the kids we've met so far have also been very friendly and more than willing to help with anything. Of course, we haven't started school yet but so far we are liking it .
This is really nice to hear. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-23-2015, 12:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,683 times
Thank you for all your coments!

Old 08-23-2015, 04:26 PM

6 posts, read 4,233 times
Hello,

I went to West Linn Schools AND worked for WLWSD. Very good schools with dedicated staff. I worked at Bolton and the staff is great. Also worked at Stafford and Athey Creek.

Teachers (generally) really want to work for WLWSD for many reasons, one being that the reimbursement to further their education is supplemented by the district heavily (or was when I was there) making it a competitive environment.

Parents are respected and there is a lot of input (which can be great most times- but undesirable if you have unreasonable, entitled families).

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland