Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Portland difficult to find a career level job?
YES 50 64.10%
NO 28 35.90%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:48 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,622,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCM7950 View Post
LOL and the Portland Trailblazers suck!!
Objectively not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 10:44 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Quote:
LOL and the Portland Trailblazers suck!! What other pro sports team exists???? lol soccer? Sports teams as much as I hate pro sports brings in the money.

And Portlands Fortune 500 scene is laughable!!!
I get it! You don't like Portland. A ton of other people love it here and keep moving out this way. Being beautiful and popular is a curse. Oh, Oregon.��

Old 05-24-2016, 10:49 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
LOL and the Portland Trailblazers suck!! What other pro sports team exists???? lol soccer? Sports teams as much as I hate pro sports brings in the money.

And Portlands Fortune 500 scene is laughable!!!
That is true, teams that make it to the second round of the playoffs do indeed "suck."

Old 06-02-2016, 01:52 PM

197 posts, read 261,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
That is true, teams that make it to the second round of the playoffs do indeed "suck."
LOL Oh yes the Blazers have made it to the playoffs lots of times, in fact 31 out of 45 seasons. In fact 21 straight appearances from '83-03! lol so what? It's the ONLY pro sports team and they haven't managed to actually win a championship since 1977! Talk about humiliating.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:21 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,616,772 times
Quote:
Talk about humiliating.
You probably won't be impressed by the Timbers winning last year, but both the Timbers and Thorns are "pro sports teams."

In any case, the notion of "humiliating" is silly. I'm a New England fan, and yes, it sucked pretty much from the time I was born through 2000, but since then it's like a zillion championships in 15 years.

And guess what? It doesn't really matter all that much at the end of the day. Bread and circuses, really.

In any case, you live in MN currently and are mocking Portland sports? Last MN title was the Twins in 91, right? Wild/Timberwolves have never made it to a title game. Stars did but lost both times. The Vikes have been to the super bowl 4 times (0 times in 40 years now) and never won.

I'm hardly a Portland cheerleader, but some of your attacks are pretty thin. I've lived in Mpls, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, and Portland, so I've seen the gamut, and really, unless you're actually getting paid to play, they're just entertainment.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:22 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
LOL Oh yes the Blazers have made it to the playoffs lots of times, in fact 31 out of 45 seasons. In fact 21 straight appearances from '83-03! lol so what? It's the ONLY pro sports team and they haven't managed to actually win a championship since 1977! Talk about humiliating.
I am guessing you mean to say it is Portland's only pro sports team? Which if that is what you are saying, that would be incorrect on both accounts, Portland has two pro sports teams and one of them won a championship last year. Though I get it, to some soccer isn't a "pro sport." Though that is an opinion rather than a fact.

Also, who cares if Portland only has one or two pro teams, a city isn't measured by how many pro sports teams they have and how many championships those teams have won. The reason for this is because pro sports teams are like concerts, it is just entertainment.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
Geez, that sounds awful. Probably better make plans to go back to your home, before the economy tanks again.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:07 PM

56 posts, read 83,743 times
My PDX conclusion after living here for a year:

Portland is a great quirky city, if you like that kind of thing.
The weather is actually not too bad if you can live with some rain especially in winter.

BUT: Rental and housing prices are through the roof and are not matching up with the overall job economy.
If you don't have a great job lined up and/or some (or better a lot) money aside this is not the place to be.
All the great little shops and restaurants are only great if you have some money left to actually shop and dine there.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:16 PM

628 posts, read 818,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippimarkus View Post
My PDX conclusion after living here for a year:

Portland is a great quirky city, if you like that kind of thing.
The weather is actually not too bad if you can live with some rain especially in winter.

BUT: Rental and housing prices are through the roof and are not matching up with the overall job economy.
If you don't have a great job lined up and/or some (or better a lot) money aside this is not the place to be.
All the great little shops and restaurants are only great if you have some money left to actually shop and dine there.

Just my 2 cents.
As the original poster, I agree wholeheartedly! I'm leaving the State next month, and already thinking about missing the beautiful summers out here, but the economics didn't make sense for us.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:19 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrishawke View Post
As the original poster, I agree wholeheartedly! I'm leaving the State next month, and already thinking about missing the beautiful summers out here, but the economics didn't make sense for us.
Speaking for myself, I think it would help the discussion if you gave us the name of your destination city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland