Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 01:29 PM

10,987 posts, read 20,481,175 times

Advertisements

Children's apparel 'passed along' is customary, no problem wearing clothing outgrown by friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 12:41 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,884,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Children's apparel 'passed along' is customary, no problem wearing clothing outgrown by friends.
I was making the point that Patagonia is so well made that several kids after mine own are stil wearing jackets I bought a decade ago. I don't think I implied there is a problem with hand me downs. Great clothes=less waste!

Old 12-16-2015, 11:15 AM

10,987 posts, read 20,481,175 times
I agree!!!! Not only is there less waste it is less expensive.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:06 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,904,691 times
my kids love playing outside, rain or shine.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:23 PM

311 posts, read 346,545 times
Unless it is down-pouring we go outside. I keep towels in the stroller to dry playground equipment off. The kids and I all have good rain gear. They love the mud and puddles, and looking for worms in the wet spring.

We go to OMSI, ride public transportation (they love the MAX, streetcars, and tram), library storytimes, play cafes, Jump is near Happy Valley and has indoor bounce houses, and I've heard of an indoor trampoline place but we haven't tried it yet.

By February, we usually head out to the coast for day trips. Even if they are bundled up they love digging in the sand and walking on the beach.

You can drive up to Mt Hood to play in the snow.

Indoors we bake, craft, read books, and play with play dough and other sensory activities.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,884,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelouriaPDX View Post
Unless it is down-pouring we go outside. I keep towels in the stroller to dry playground equipment off. The kids and I all have good rain gear. They love the mud and puddles, and looking for worms in the wet spring.

We go to OMSI, ride public transportation (they love the MAX, streetcars, and tram), library storytimes, play cafes, Jump is near Happy Valley and has indoor bounce houses, and I've heard of an indoor trampoline place but we haven't tried it yet.

By February, we usually head out to the coast for day trips. Even if they are bundled up they love digging in the sand and walking on the beach.

You can drive up to Mt Hood to play in the snow.

Indoors we bake, craft, read books, and play with play dough and other sensory activities.
You may want to give Pump It Up in Beaverton a try! My kids love the bouncy houses and slides and there is a sensory night which I keep planning on going with my son so he can meet other kids with sensory issues. The Children's Museum used to be a big hit with my kids but now that the older one is a middle schooler I only manage to drag her to OMSI. I NEVER go to OMSI on weekends or vacation weeks. That place is infested with germs and I always get sick during those busy times.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:25 AM

311 posts, read 346,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
You may want to give Pump It Up in Beaverton a try! My kids love the bouncy houses and slides and there is a sensory night which I keep planning on going with my son so he can meet other kids with sensory issues. The Children's Museum used to be a big hit with my kids but now that the older one is a middle schooler I only manage to drag her to OMSI. I NEVER go to OMSI on weekends or vacation weeks. That place is infested with germs and I always get sick during those busy times.
Oh my goodness, yes! We avoid OMSI on the weekends too and slather on the hand sanitizer.

Thanks for the tip about Pump it Up.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:37 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,287,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelouriaPDX View Post
Oh my goodness, yes! We avoid OMSI on the weekends too and slather on the hand sanitizer.

Thanks for the tip about Pump it Up.
They usually offer a Groupon also.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/pump-it-up-jr-beaverton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland