U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 09:44 AM

14,752 posts, read 27,525,279 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering about this as I saw that the ice rink at the Clackamas Town Center has been paved over into a food court.

Has PDX's poster child of white trashdom been laying low? Wow, she was something... and what fodder for a great laugh. Any idea as to what she's doing and where she's "hanging her hat?" And does she have a man in her life...one that will tolerate having hubcaps thrown at him?

How does one just happen to have a hubcap sitting nearby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 10:57 AM

9,594 posts, read 9,427,321 times
Google Search #567,976 - search criteria: Tonya Harding now - Search results truncated to obviously relevant items further truncated to just a few because, BION, I also have a life. I usually don't feel so dirty after helping someone. You have a lot to answer for buddy.

The Tonya Harding Website

Whatever Happened To: Tonya Harding (particularly relevant)

Officials KO Tonya Harding Boxing Match - Louisville News Story - WLKY Louisville (http://www.wlky.com/news/15256804/detail.html - broken link)

Old 02-09-2008, 02:24 PM

414 posts, read 1,444,608 times
I read she was selling autographed pictures of herself for ten bucks a pop. She lives in a trailer somewhere and likes to fix cars. I wonder if she still has all her teeth?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM

493 posts, read 495,176 times
I'm sure she still lives around here.

Too bad about the ice rink though. I skated there a couple times when I was a kid.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:14 AM

61 posts, read 352,157 times
I heard she moved up to Clark County a few years back. She seemed to be in Clark County Superior Court quite a number of times.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:24 AM

6,415 posts, read 10,037,563 times
Yeah, Clark County was the last place she was arrested.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:40 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,582,943 times
Does she still have a hairy chest?

Old 02-11-2008, 07:50 AM

4,721 posts, read 13,614,064 times
I guess I'm a minority here, but I have much sympathy for her. I saw an abused, lost little girl who couldnt get it together, even as an adult. Reading about her childhood, I guess shes just one of those who couldnt overcome,even with that talent apparently slapped out of her from her mom. Bad, stupid decisions and a young promising life ruined.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 PM

920 posts, read 2,513,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I guess I'm a minority here, but I have much sympathy for her. I saw an abused, lost little girl who couldnt get it together, even as an adult. Reading about her childhood, I guess shes just one of those who couldnt overcome,even with that talent apparently slapped out of her from her mom. Bad, stupid decisions and a young promising life ruined.
I found it hard to have sympathy for someone who plotted to break the knees of a competitor. Her behavior has been ridiculous and worthy of poking fun at, including all the hubcap and baseball bat incidents. She's put Portland on the map.

That said... prior to the whacking incident, I did feel sorry for her. I grew up figure skating, and it's one of the snobbiest and most exclusive sports there is. She didn't fit the mold of the typical figure skater, so she was ridiculed at every turn. Her family background was different, her look was different... nothing about her fit into that world, and it was sad to people in that world treat her so rudely. Dick Buttons was one of her few supporters and recognized her outstanding technical ability. Although I always thought Nancy Kerrigan was a spoiled little snot, she clearly didn't deserve to be attacked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland