Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 06:59 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,857,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Oh hell yeah, but it's the same for our rural sisters. My properties are way off the beaten track in extremely rural areas, and I care deeply about the safety of my tenants...we have bears and wolves as well as two-legged threats. But my rentals are set up for pets -- easy-to-clean flooring
in the case of accidents, actual porches, and fenced yards. I don't see the point in allowing animals in places that don't provide pet-friendly environments and then complaining when problems occur.
two thumbs up for this post (can't give you more rep again)

its just humane to provide for pets in rentals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 02:00 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,647 posts, read 57,711,301 times
Quote:
... Completely agree about apartments and pets.

Mine was a wonderful 4plex on a HUGE private / (previously) peaceful lot.. (I.e. under 'commercial' rules)

the tenant had Dr and Lawyer orders for 'Barking Alert'... 24x7 barking is not conducive to most (especially resident seniors who are stuck at home while tenant leaves 'Barking Companion' home alone for 16 hrs / day)

Portland just happens to be one of the WORST 'pet-privileged' environments. I Loath flights to PDX as I have gotten fleas multiple time from 'lap-dogs'. We had 4 row's itching by the time we reached Portland on this last Monday night.

yes... I am a responsible 'pet' owner, but again... Why IMPOSE?..

Do what is BEST for your pet! buy them 1,000 acres! (where their barking (which YOU can't hear) will bother no one else...)

As a career night shift worker... I have lost thousands of hr of sleep due to neighbor dogs (and irresponsible owners).

1) of many cases... When first in PDX area, my neighbor was a butcher and left for work at 4AM (seven dogs congregated under my window to bark incessantly till neighbor returned home at 6PM). I got off work at 2AM, and was home by 3AM and got 1 hr MAX sleep for yrs. )

Gets old...

Pets (?) rule

Please BUY your properties for your PET'S benefit!
When you need to fly... charter a private 'pet friendly' flight!

Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM

26,552 posts, read 36,469,455 times
Fleas must really like you. I fly all the time between Portland and Alaska and have never had that problem.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:07 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,934,853 times
Quote:
Fleas must really like you. I fly all the time between Portland and Alaska and have never had that problem.
me too- thank goodness!

Old 10-18-2017, 06:27 PM

Yes, if there is a flea within 200Yds, I will get a sock line and neck bite,

Count how many times you have a companion pet sitting on the lap of the person behind you.

Let me know, as I have never seen a companion pet on my many flights PDX to Alaska.

We had (9) companion (?) peSts on our last inbound PDX flight.

yup... pet owners... consider the burden you place on others.
Especially landowners who have ALL their capital at risk (Was a lot of fun to get sued by the USPS for 'renter' dog attacks.)

Pet owners were Similar when we lived in Spain and France... the people all must walk on the streets, as the pets get 100% 'use' of the sidewalks, generally just for pooping.

My farm dog has never pooped anywhere within site of, or near the house. In 60+ yrs I have never had to clean-up or step in a dog mess from my own multiple pets. ... (thank goodness)

yes, a very sheltered and coveted life for my 'working' pets. (Never seen a leash, fence, or an enclosure / never needed one)

Old 10-18-2017, 06:52 PM

Alaska Airlines allows pets under 20 pounds to fly in the cabin in an airline-approved carrier. I've seen it often. I fly with mine in the cabin and will continue to do so. Perhaps you should charter a plane if you want to limit your exposure to animals. I fly first class to limit MY exposure to my personal travel pet peeve -- bratty kids.

Never had the problems with my tenants and their pets that you've had. If your situation was so bad that the animal was attacking delivery personnel and court awarded them damages, you had legal recourse, btw.

Other than that, I doubt you'll have much luck getting the rest of the world to change to suit your personal preferences, but good luck trying.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-18-2017 at 07:28 PM..

Old 10-18-2017, 09:53 PM

OT... I think the OP will be much better off in Bellingham (which is no secret if you have followed this thread)

very 'Portland' / Oregon (Group think / rally the troops to THINK alike !)

lib thought .

"freedom of thought?", Sure... as long as you think just like ME

Perfectly Portland

Same as always

Old 10-18-2017, 11:14 PM

I was curious about what causes fleas to be more attracted to some people, so I looked it up. One of the factors that cause fleas to naturally gravitate to certain people is that those people emit a lot of gas.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-19-2017 at 12:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland