U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:56 PM

18 posts, read 17,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcims View Post
Sanjosharkstero, You do realize you sound like an idiot right?

Just checking.

P.S. English is a pretty good language to learn for life in general.
It's easy to write how I'm thizz I'm that. let me guess I betta watch my back I'm not here ta write smack bout u cuzz chances are we in two different states two different citys. but I do know, you wouldn't say ima idiot to my face! I know u wouldn't. ima two time felon wit two strikes one was for attempted Mur and that insult could get you in a rec specially addressing a con inwhich served 10 1/2 yrs watch how you adress people homeboyi in tha future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 12:38 AM

103 posts, read 154,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjosharkstero View Post
Why iz you even committing my ***** the topic iz about gangs and u talkin bout findin god and counciling u the one that sounds stupid god bless you ***
I wonder why the mods haven't kicked you out yet from city-data?

Old 11-26-2010, 08:52 AM

4,925 posts, read 5,773,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingbig View Post
I wonder why the mods haven't kicked you out yet from city-data?
I don't know, there might be some big entertainment value in the troll and troll feeding...

...I'm still betting on a pimply-faced 14 year-old in mommy and daddy's basement in Lake Oswego and about as gang-hardened as a newborn. I'll bet that's closer to "spittin' some truth"...

Old 11-26-2010, 10:39 AM

640 posts, read 874,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjosharkstero View Post
The American dream **** on me wit all the raceizm u know what its like being born here and being called a ******* as a kid groin up gettin spit in the face buy a white cop I always wanted to b a firefighter yet so much rage and hate built up in me maken me rebail and become a ward of the state and now I ain't goin out quietly ima voice my oppinion and welcome to my world I'll laugh wit my feet up in the end
Don't you see? This is the new face of segregation. The racist hate-mongers can't make people use a separate drinking fountain or sit in the back of the bus so they try to convince you that your worst fears about yourself are true until you finally give up hope.

By giving up your dream to become a firefighter you are just playing into their hands and becoming what they TOLD you that you would become.. nothing. If you really wanted to show the "power of the people" you'd become a firefighter anyway just to **** them off.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 AM

26 posts, read 42,333 times
Gang activity always seems overrated. I've lived in New Orleans, Miami, New York and it never affected me. All it seems to be is an immature and adolescent expression of civil disobedience. Colors? If you walk around with fear anywhere you are already a victim. If your not involved in gang activity then you're obviously not their target anyways. If someone approaches me about wearing a red or blue shirt, I would probably tell them to get a life and leave me alone with that nonsense. Grab them by their ears and take them down to the employment counter.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:59 AM

26 posts, read 42,333 times
People have too much time on their hands to entertain nonsensical issues and make a bigger fuss about things than are truely merited. My neighbors car here in Colorado was broken into. All of a sudden the whole neighborhood was claiming it was a gang of latinos when it was probably just some white punks wanting to get into trouble just as any other youth does. Big whoopie, they should be dealt with accordingly and their parents need to whoop their asses, or someone does. My car was once vandalized by a group of adolescent white kids who lived in a nearby trailer park and I followed them all the way home and knocked on their front door after calling the police. The parent answered the door, high as a kite, and after hearing my rant, they went and fished those little rugrats out of the closet and started to spank them. lol. Then the cops showed up. You just cant be afraid of these kids. They detect it right away.. just like you cant be afraid of your children!

Last edited by FelipeHayes; 11-28-2010 at 03:16 AM..

Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 PM

25,232 posts, read 20,294,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeHayes View Post
People have too much time on their hands to entertain nonsensical issues and make a bigger fuss about things than are truely merited. My neighbors car here in Colorado was broken into. All of a sudden the whole neighborhood was claiming it was a gang of latinos when it was probably just some white punks wanting to get into trouble just as any other youth does. Big whoopie, they should be dealt with accordingly and their parents need to whoop their asses, or someone does. My car was once vandalized by a group of adolescent white kids who lived in a nearby trailer park and I followed them all the way home and knocked on their front door after calling the police. The parent answered the door, high as a kite, and after hearing my rant, they went and fished those little rugrats out of the closet and started to spank them. lol. Then the cops showed up. You just cant be afraid of these kids. They detect it right away.. just like you cant be afraid of your children!
The kids who got spanked reminded me of when my bicycle was stolen for the first time. I was 10 years old and very upset about it. I was running around the apartment complex and found the kid who had it. I just happen to find a police officer a few feet away in a squad car. The kid refused to give up my bicycle, so I told the officer. The officer threatened to take the kid to jail. Suddenly the kid wanted to give it up. If this had been a gang member, I might have been shot or something like that. This was just some kid who wanted to go on a joyride with my bike.

Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 874 times
Having lived in LA and Oakland, I must say that the increase in gang activity is of concern. While not completely out of control, it is getting there. And with the police being sued every time the use any escalated force, portland has the makings of a disaster. We should stop whinig about the police and back their moves to stop the gangs before every portlander needs to be armed to go to the grocery store.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:31 PM

103 posts, read 154,202 times
You can either follow these tips from ehow.com

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/lostonoceanic815/ScreenHunter_26Dec111221.gif (broken link)

or buy a bullet proof vest from amazon

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/lostonoceanic815/ScreenHunter_27Dec111224.gif (broken link)

Old 12-17-2010, 03:33 PM

5 posts, read 12,144 times
If you're used to real gang turf wars, like in LA, Phil., NY, PDX will seem a little "gang-lite". BUT what that means is turf wars and gang violence increases as new gangs come in and try to establish turf. Gang violence actually goes down once gangs are more settled (see So-Cen LA). So, tho maybe less overall gang activity in PDX, more turf wars and thus increasing violence. Other posters are correct about regions, but be aware that more affluent regions become target of crime cycle. Petty crime in NW is up a little, for example, as is tagging. Was recently advised by PDX-PD to "be careful after dark" in an upscale NW neighborhood. Local awareness kind of lags behind the reality here. So heads up, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland