Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2011, 05:01 AM

353 posts, read 934,172 times

Advertisements

OK people, it is time to start posting the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 16,569 times
Thinking of moveing to the North Planes area. Was there a couple of years ago for Christmas ( I live in CT now) Reasons for moveing: To expencive to live in CT Reason # 2 family lives out there, no family members in CT Reason # 3 air is cleaner
Would to hear what you all think, am I making a good choice?

Old 06-11-2011, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 16,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedtowardssalad View Post
Great pictures, everyone. I've wanted to relocate to Portland for a few years for numerous reasons. I've tried talking myself out of moving because it seems like literally everyone is moving to Portland these days, but I've realized how stupid it is to hold myself back because of this. I don't think there is a more perfect city for me. Portland reminds me of my 2 favorite Minnesota cities, Minneapolis and Duluth, put together.
Those Pics were great! Now I really want to move

Old 06-12-2011, 03:26 PM

181 posts, read 455,572 times
I don't have any more photos of my own to share, but I've been following Gary Randall's work lately. He lives in the Mount Hood area and takes the most amazing photographs of Oregon landscapes. Check out his Flickr page here: Flickr: Gary Randall's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/rowdey - broken link). You can also follow him on Facebook.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:59 PM

60 posts, read 68,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsular View Post
A few more.

you are good photographer...never seen portland with such beautiful background.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:35 PM

33 posts, read 68,453 times
Default A few from a trip a while back

I was visiting and snapped a few shots a while back. I was looking at the forum today and thought I'd share the ones I had online. I only had one from my dslr, the rest are iPhone...

Multnomah Falls

Random Lot in downtown

Panorama from across the bridge

Can't remember the name, but it's the fountain off Clay & 3rd

Saw on another thread someone requesting a Dunkin' Donuts in PDX. I'm from New England, they're good, but come on you've already done better...

One of the best meals I've ever had. period.

the falls again, but this was with the phone

okay, this is cheating, this one was actually taken at their roasting site in Brooklyn, NY...

Old 07-20-2011, 10:09 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,433,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsular View Post
A few more.

Are you running these through filters of any sort? The Portland one looks a bit hazy like 35mm film, and the one in the Pearl district (the building I work in is on the right) looks halfway HDR. Just curious as I'm always trying to improve my own work.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,363 times
Default a little walk

last weekend 30 minutes from down town
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-wash-drive-065.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 05:37 PM

102 posts, read 180,905 times
Some fairly recent pictures I'd forgotten I had kept on the hard drive, featuring the Springwater trail and locations in southeast Portland.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-springwater01.jpeg   Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-sellwoodpark01.jpeg   Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-ry-3d400.jpeg   Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-fromspringwater.jpeg   Welcome to the Portland Forum -- Photos Only-fromsellwoodpark.jpeg  

Old 08-20-2011, 03:41 PM

38 posts, read 86,231 times
oh my god ....beautiful! I love Oregon- considering my move there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland