U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-23-2009, 11:47 PM

71 posts, read 206,947 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here know of any motels in the Portland area that are within walking distance of MAX that have a monthly rate of less than $1000-1500 a month. I looked on Extended Stay America's website and it appeared to cost about $1600 for a month. I haven't been able to find a published listing anywhere of what monthly rates would be in the Portland region for motels.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:57 AM

7,138 posts, read 9,452,649 times
I have stayed at Homestead Studio Suites (Tigard). I think they might run about $1200/month. And are nice and clean, quiet.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:59 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,435,875 times
What's "walking distance" to you?

There's a couple of independents in Beaverton. One on Allen Blvd. x Hy. 217 is called the Peppertree Inn. Not sure of their rates - you could ask. Sort of long walking distance, but certainly on a bus line for transfer.

Does the Satellite Motel still exist in Beaverton? If so, it's got to be withing walking distance. It was on Canyon Blvd.. I have not looked to see if it's still there.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:55 PM

71 posts, read 206,947 times
I would consider walking distance to be up to 10 minutes from the train station. What is important to me is that there are good sidewalks or paths, as well as crosswalks (especially on busy multilane roads). I looked at the Google streetview imagery and it looked like it would be difficult to walk to the Peppertree Inn as the sidewalk is on the far side of a busy street, and traffic comes on from the highway ramp that wouldn't be controlled by a traffic light.

The Extended Stay and Homestead Suites look like they might be convenient. Has anyone had any experience with the Mark Spencer Hotel in downtown or the Washington Plaza short term rentals? Would Washington Plaza be able to do a short term lease if I don't currently have employment, but have the funds to pay rent and deposits?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 21,595 times
Does anyone know of any cheap motels or apartment my wife and i are homeless and trying to find home I have terrible credit she is from italy and has no social security number I get SSI and food stamps we are trying to survive and we both love God so much... 509 590 7107

david n elisabeth

Old 08-26-2010, 04:08 PM

8,011 posts, read 7,857,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave mcclure View Post
Does anyone know of any cheap motels or apartment my wife and i are homeless and trying to find home I have terrible credit she is from italy and has no social security number I get SSI and food stamps we are trying to survive and we both love God so much... 509 590 7107

david n elisabeth
There is a Best Value Inn on SE 82nd. I know nothing of the place but there should be bus service there.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:06 PM

7,023 posts, read 7,897,853 times
Years ago I knew of folks who stayed at the Mark Spencer, they liked it.

Great location.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 7,857,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguru View Post
Does anyone here know of any motels in the Portland area that are within walking distance of MAX that have a monthly rate of less than $1000-1500 a month. I looked on Extended Stay America's website and it appeared to cost about $1600 for a month. I haven't been able to find a published listing anywhere of what monthly rates would be in the Portland region for motels.
Y'know, many motels/hotels besides Extended Stay-type places will provide a monthly rate if you just ask.

Several years ago in San Francisco I went to various hotels and motels to inquire about discounted rates for extended stay (I was planning on at least 2 wks in the near future), and only a few did not offer it.

But, then, that was there, and this is here. I would still suggest grabbing a phone book or using website searches and just call.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 10,425 times
I am looking for a motel that is monthy rent email me me at [email]collinsroger48@yahoo.com[/email] and let me know

Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 AM

639 posts, read 467,500 times
The motels you are looking for, and in your price range, are typically not the nicest ones, to put it mildly.
Have you considered renting from AirBnB? You can find a place in a nice area and negotiate the monthly rate with the owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland