U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 04:21 PM

2 posts, read 10,539 times

Advertisements

what was the outcome of your photo radar speeding ticket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM

2 posts, read 10,539 times
i got a ticket at the same spot a week ago. planning on fighting it.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 PM

404 posts, read 1,124,295 times
I haven't received mine in the mail yet... which spot did you get it, the spot I did, or the spot thread starter did?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:53 AM

4,628 posts, read 8,868,168 times
Apparently Beaverton was on Operation Revenue. Always is. 7 days a week.

If I do get a ticket, do these things go on your record? Yes, but only if you are convicted.

...should I challenge it... If you choose to challenge it, show up well-informed. And that takes a heck of a lot of time. This stuff is entirely sleep-inducing, but a good place to get information from is:

Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) | U.S. Department of Transportation

Old 08-01-2009, 04:10 AM

333 posts, read 683,375 times
Techman, they told me that once I complete the course the ticket will be completely removed from my record and won't affect my insurance. They give you 60 days to do the course and I chose the online option - haven't done it yet. Honestly if it's your first ticket they'll offer you the course - I don't know if I'd bother spending the money on an attorney.

An addition - I've seen a police car staking out the section of Hwy 26 that goes through Beaverton - so around Ceder Hills and Murray exits. Beaverton is very serious about that revenue and speeding. And for all those who gave me a hard time before - I am not speeding anymore!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:49 PM

4 posts, read 7,997 times
I have been ticketed with the radar on Canyon Road in Beaverton. Seems any area is a trap these days...tight budgets and easy revenue. Watch out for Hwy 224 between Portland and Calckamas...an easy money maker for the Milwaukie Police Department.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 PM

uguhghghgh.
Class D infraction 1-10mph over, $125.
So, if you're driving reasonably, i.e. 0-5mph over the limit at the 40mph sign, and continue on to 35mph zone or miss the sign, that's what you'll get.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM

858 posts, read 2,113,433 times
Two of the PDX Police's favorite spots are: 1) Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy near Dosch Rd. right as you are traveling west leaving the Hillsdale business district; and 2) MLK as you leave south out of the downtown area. In both instances they put the van about 200 ft in front of the sign that raises the speed limit from 35 to 45. Both occur as you are leaving more congested areas and entering a stretch of major road that has limited access/intersections; so they peg you as you naturally speed up in anticipation of the 45 mph sign you know is only a few hundred feet away.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:44 AM

Went to court and I was really confused, as were a lot of people in the line.

1.) I arrived at court, thinking showing up 15 minutes before the scheduled time was early enough. The line stretched from the clerk's desk all the way to the front door with frustrated, and confused fellow drivers glaring up and down their moving violation ticket in confusion.

2.) When you finally make it to court, you will check-in, then be seated. You will then be called to the podium and each defendant gets 15 seconds or so to make his plea and judge makes the decision on the spot before some 30 other fellow drivers. I really had no idea what was going on. I was super confused. The flow is very much like a self-introduction on the very first day of class. Your name gets called, you have to get up right away, and speak your story in about 15 seconds.

3.) Now, once the judge's opinion is made, you have to go back to the line, wait another hour, then pay that amount on the spot, or set up a payment plan at $10 service fee.

It was an extremely unpleasant experience and I kick myself for not getting an attorney who would likely have helped me out just from having a knowledge of how the system works.

Beaverton Municipal Court is not a place to go on your own. If you know exactly how it works and what you're doing, perhaps you're getting too many tickets?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:21 PM

402 posts, read 982,085 times
Local attorneys maintain relationships with the county clerk, so the entire thing is done by phone, and deals are cut much more fluidly. Other courts are easier to get a ticket thrown out via your own testimony.

Beaverton has a reputation for rarely letting anyone off, so an attorney is definitely the way to go. The courthouse is in the same building as the Police Department. So the judges and the cops are more buddy-buddy than in other municipalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland