U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM

75 posts, read 214,260 times

Advertisements

This thread is for all people with questions and answers about Lewis & Clark Law school.

I'll start it off:

I am applying to several Pac. NW schools and want to know: what is Forest Heights like? Do students live there or do they live in other neighborhoods? Which ones? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 AM

9,972 posts, read 14,017,847 times
Forest Heights is a pretty wealthy area of NW Portland on the edge of Forest Park. The SW Portland neighborhood adjacent to Lewis and Clark is not called Forest Heights, so I'm not sure if you're asking about that neighborhood or mistaken. The area surrounding Lewis and Clark is also a very expensive quiet, older (old money) neighborhood. The Lewis and Clark campus is hidden away in forested hills at the edge of SW Portland--almost to Lake Oswego and Dunthorpe--the richest suburbs in the Portland area. Not much student activity in the surrounding neighborhoods, although where I used to live near SW Terwilliger--right next to I-5, there is a bar and several businesses that always seemed to have a number of college students in them.

My girlfriend attends Lewis & Clark Law School, and she ended up living in SW Portland closer to downtown Portland. A lot of students also live in Sellwood in SE Portland across the river from Lewis and Clark--which is more of a traditional Portland neighborhood with decent bars and restaurants. They used to actually have a shuttle going to the campus from Sellwood, though apparently this has been discontinued.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Forest Heights is a pretty wealthy area of NW Portland on the edge of Forest Park. The SW Portland neighborhood adjacent to Lewis and Clark is not called Forest Heights, so I'm not sure if you're asking about that neighborhood or mistaken. The area surrounding Lewis and Clark is also a very expensive quiet, older (old money) neighborhood. The Lewis and Clark campus is hidden away in forested hills at the edge of SW Portland--almost to Lake Oswego and Dunthorpe--the richest suburbs in the Portland area. Not much student activity in the surrounding neighborhoods, although where I used to live near SW Terwilliger--right next to I-5, there is a bar and several businesses that always seemed to have a number of college students in them.

My girlfriend attends Lewis & Clark Law School, and she ended up living in SW Portland closer to downtown Portland. A lot of students also live in Sellwood in SE Portland across the river from Lewis and Clark--which is more of a traditional Portland neighborhood with decent bars and restaurants. They used to actually have a shuttle going to the campus from Sellwood, though apparently this has been discontinued.
Hi, I copied Lewis and Clarks address into Google Maps, which is why I thought the area was in Forest Heights. Thanks for clearing that up for me. So most students dont live near the campus then? I'd love to live around other young people so thats a plus. I'll look into SW. Thanks.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:56 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,302,107 times
I don't know very much about the actual city, but my brother lives in Sellwood, and loves it there. I drove through it last summer, and thought it was cool. Lots of shops, and people riding bikes.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:13 PM

Default bump

thanks, I'll check it out!!

Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 AM

2,428 posts, read 4,067,035 times
The Tri-Met bus that serves Lewis & Clark goes thru the South Burlingame, Burlingame, and Hillsdale neighborhoods. That's probably where students without cars would tend to live. Other neighborhoods would require changing buses, and a one-bus commute is easier and more reliable than a two-bus commute.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:57 AM

1,628 posts, read 3,094,606 times
I'm also considering attending Lewis & Clark - hope this thread gets some more action

Old 08-08-2009, 08:53 PM

404 posts, read 1,144,297 times
What's the parking situation like there? I hear from people who work at or go to OHSU that using the public transit is a must. Parking is very very very scarce there.

Old 08-09-2009, 12:26 AM

20,862 posts, read 22,440,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechmanOR View Post
What's the parking situation like there? I hear from people who work at or go to OHSU that using the public transit is a must. Parking is very very very scarce there.
There are parking lots but you have to put your name on a wait- list and pay for a space. There is not much street parking because it's up in the hills. Besides the tri-Met bus that goes there there is also a bus that can be caught downtown that goes directly to the campus. There are several stops including one in front of Nordstroms on Morrison and Broadway.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:23 AM

1,628 posts, read 3,094,606 times
Anyone attending the Animal Law Conference in October?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or