Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 PM

34 posts, read 200,732 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if the gang areas in Portland are well known. I have a good map of the Seattle area gangs that I will attach to this, I am looking for something similiar. It is good info to have when moving to a new area. I have some news reports on koin and katu and I have been tracking those areas.
Attached Thumbnails
Gangs in Portland Area-sea-gang-map.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,437,719 times
If there's a Portland area list similar to the one you posted, I've never heard of it. I wouldn't expect there to be one, since the Seattle area has to be well over twice the size of this area.

The City of Portland have a Crime Stats info link on their site. You have to put in the neighborhood you're interested in, and it will show you the most recent criminal activity. As far as I know, that's the only way to get the information you want.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,529,413 times
Here's a neighborhood map:
Portland Neighborhood Map

Here's a creepy link for you:
http://www.nwgangs.com/

Last edited by sarahkate_m; 10-26-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,437,719 times
Excellent find on the creepy link, sarahkate. I wonder if the author is compiling info from public records or something else. Are these areas where only tagging has occurred or where the hoodlums live? Very interesting ~

Old 10-26-2009, 05:45 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,548,601 times
hahaha...from above creepy link:
A Eugene Gang Name:
Quote:
Famlay Bizness
...must be Springfield because it sounds like something that one country couple from The Simpsons would say.

ROAAAR!!!
http://www.myspace.com/famlaybiznessmen
If these are the gangsters of Oregon...I think you guys are safe.

Photos of members of Famlay Bizness:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=458877050

Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,095,471 times
Most of the Portland gangs wanted me to join them because of my skills with a bo staff.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:00 PM

666 posts, read 1,838,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
hahaha...from above creepy link:
A Eugene Gang Name:

...must be Springfield because it sounds like something that one country couple from The Simpsons would say.

ROAAAR!!!
Famlay Bizness on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
If these are the gangsters of Oregon...I think you guys are safe.

Photos of members of Famlay Bizness:
Famlay Bizness's Pictures - MySpace Photos
That is hilarious. They are to gangsters what "MmmBop" was to music.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:56 AM

62 posts, read 255,599 times
I don't really feel Portland has "gangs". If so, I've never seen them. "Gangbanger wannabes" perhaps, but this city is extremely chill and not near Seattle (which in and of itself is not that bad).

I came to Seattle from St Luois, which really has gang problems. There were a few areas in Seattle I wouldn't live in but they were sparce. Portland really doesn't seem to have that problem and I'm yet to find an area I would feel unsafe in. I may have more tolerance than many in the NW, but I'd say the 'worse' part of towns are area of North PDX and deep NE, otherwise you're probably in a nice neighborhood.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:55 PM

6,066 posts, read 14,991,945 times
This has been covered in another thread... there are gangs in Oregon. The largest and most organized I know of is the lesbian feral and stray cat lady gang. One of the scariest gangs I think, though, are the gangs of homeless wayward youth who sit around looking malnourished and do nothing but dress the same and color their hair. You'll know them when you see them - they look like they just raided Hot Topic with their mom's credit card.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 9,223 times
Iv'e seen ''Bloods'' & ''Crips'' graffitti here in Eugene/Springfield. I also see ALot of ''WSK''(west side),and ''PK'' graffitti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland