Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:07 AM

9 posts, read 17,475 times

Advertisements

Greetings all,

My wife and I are going to be in Portland during Valentine's day, and we were wondering if anyone would like to suggest a few nice restaurants that we should consider going to. Nothing overly upscale, but you know, a pretty nice place would be great. We like all types of restaurants, so please feel free to let me know what you think. Thank you everyone!

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 11:13 AM

252 posts, read 953,384 times
What kind of food? What kind of atmosphere? Any particular location?

My favorite is not upscale at all but has a gorgeous setting overlooking the Sandy River and isn't hip at all so likely won't be sold out for Valentine's Day. I take all of my friends from out of town here and some request to go there every time they are here. You won't find pretty or gourmet food here or a martini menu but the food is great and the drinks reasonable.

Tad's Chicken 'n Dumplins in Troutdale Oregon

Old 02-09-2010, 03:00 PM

60 posts, read 132,005 times
There are sooo many restaurants that in order to give you a suggestion that is going to work for you instead of spewing out tons of great restaurants I think you need to be a little more picky and give us more direction. Where in Portland? When you say upscale do you mean cost-wise or dress-wise? What is your budget around? What ethnic style would you prefer? Do you want romantic ambiance over good food, or verse visa?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,098 times
McCormick & Schmick's Harborside.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:12 PM

Hmm. I suppose I wasn't very helpful at all. I thought there might be 3 or 4 restaurants that stuck out of everyone's mind. We are honestly up for anything. We are staying near Adler St. and 405. How about a few miles from there, less than $100, and a good combination of romantic atmosphere and good food? Does that help anyone? Thank you again!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM

By the way, both the restaurants suggested so far look great. Thanks you guys!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 PM

172 posts, read 537,111 times
You could try Jake's Grill, downtown. It's owned by McCormick and Schmicks now but is nice traditional style restaurant. A little expensive but not crazy and I have always had excellent service there. The bar is very nice as well for a drink before hand.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,484,001 times
This isn't what you ask for, but here is the link anyway:

Best 100 Restaurants in Portland by Willamette Weekly:
(Oct 2009)
“Restaurant Of The Year: Beaker & Flask” | Willamette Week | October 21st, 2009

Best Restaurants 2009 Portland Monthly Magazine (November 2009)
Portland Monthly Magazine / Eat & Drink / Eat & Drink Articles / Detail

If you can afford it, try the 30th floor of "Big Pink" (Tall US Bank Corp building that looks "pink" color. 5th and Pine, I think - Downtown near West Burnside.
On a clear nite, view is amazing.
I think it is named "Portland City Grill"
Google it for something like 200+ positive reviews.

Phil

Last edited by philwithbeard; 02-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: missing verb.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 AM

2,318 posts, read 4,625,098 times
Southpark is close to where you are staying.

southparkseafood

Oh, and Portland City Grill has a killer view.

Last edited by jjpop; 02-10-2010 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: add info.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:47 AM

60 posts, read 132,005 times
Here are a few picks that are pretty close:

Steak: Ringside, it's off of Burnside. Good atmosphere, great food, a bit on the pricey side but worth it.

Italian: Mama Mia, off of 2nd and Stark. Again, good ambiance, food, and very easy on the pockets.

A bit different: Brazil Grill, off of 12th and between Jefferson and Main. It's been a few years since I've been there but I love this place. They bring all different kinds of meat and vegies that have been skewered and roasting to your table and slice the meat right off the skewer fresh from the grill. This is a great place to go if you've never been to something like this...my first was a place called Rodizio Grill in Salt Lake when we were visisting some friends...mmmm, just drooling thinking about it right now! The buffet isn't as plentiful at Brazil Grill as Rodizio (in case you've been to one), but overall you can't go wrong! $32 per person...

Good luck...enjoy the stay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland