U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM

172 posts, read 453,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katysalsa View Post
Did someone say local breweries? Which ones, where, what, huh? We brew our own beer, so I'd be up for seeing some of the breweries.

We're going down to Bend for a day or so as well. Friends live down there. After all this advice we plan on doing...

Bend
Coast
Waterfalls
Winerys
If you had to pick just ONE brewery to visit (which is a sin in itself), I highly recommend Deschutes Brewing. They have pub locations in both Bend and downtown Portland (in the pearl). I think they absolutely have the best selection and creativity of any of the local brewers (and that is saying a lot). They constantly have a lot of new beers on tap and a lot of variety between the beers as well. Their great food is an added benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 01:26 PM

3,496 posts, read 5,588,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katysalsa View Post
Did someone say local breweries? Which ones, where, what, huh? We brew our own beer, so I'd be up for seeing some of the breweries.
Three Oregon breweries on this list:
The 25 Best New Beers in America | Maxim.com
Two are in places you will visit. One of them, Deschutes, has been recommended by rhodan in a previous post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or