U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 PM

6,067 posts, read 6,100,789 times

Advertisements

ENU in Hillsboro is convenient if you live over in that area. I've bought memory for my work rig there a couple times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM

682 posts, read 2,051,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Just know what you're doing when you buy stuff b/c the quality of staff has gone down in recent yrs.
That's why I like Pace. It's owned by two brothers and they do all of the repairs and customer service themselves. They don't want to sell garbage that they'll have to fix later. Sometimes they're cheaper, sometimes not, but they know what they're doing and they have good recommendations.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
CPF

45 posts, read 173,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Try here:
ENU (http://www.europa.com/%7Eenu/ - broken link)
Seconded (thirded?) - my company had bought a few new PCs during the early days of Vista and needed to double the RAM to make them usable. ENU was asking less than half of what Best Buy (where we bought the computers) for additional memory. Recommended to us by someone who does server maintenance for a living.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:28 PM

18 posts, read 68,007 times
Thanks for all the thoughts - I ended up getting some components from Pace and then got the rest from NewEgg. htpc is running great.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:29 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,805,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Just know what you're doing when you buy stuff b/c the quality of staff has gone down in recent yrs.
Well, I always prove the utmost in customer service. In fact, I've already received several written recommendations from customers during my short time at Fry's. My fellow employees are also competent and always do their best. But maybe that's just the A/V department.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:58 PM

682 posts, read 2,051,538 times
I didn't read that comment as necessarily directed at Fry's, but electronics and components in general. There is a lot of garbage on the market, especially if you don't know what you're doing. I love Fry's, and it's usually one of our first stops when we have family visiting from out of state. One of my relatives has a "vacation budget" and a "Fry's budget."

Old 02-28-2010, 02:10 PM

404 posts, read 1,146,449 times
If you won't be able to accept delivery at home because of not being home, it maybe more economical to get an address at the UPS Store or the like and purchase online, especially if you're in the city and don't have a car or driving to Fry's isn't exactly economical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland