Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:29 AM

968 posts, read 2,618,816 times

Advertisements

so i was at my local mall yesterday, and i noticed that forever 21 was moving into the old mervyns place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 10:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,839,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
This being said, why call it Forever 21? Let it be for all pregnant women
The maternity line isn't called Forever 21. Forever 21 is the name of an affordable clothing store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
, specializing in preppy style. Many moms would love designer maternity clothes, but I doubt teens are going to pay for them unless they're a teen crib.
Forever 21 is not designer clothing. It's cheaply made clothing. Very affordable and trendy.

Women of all ages will buy from this maternity line if they have trouble finding maternity clothes small enough to fit them.

Plus, trendy isn't a bad thing. I'm in my 40s, and I most certainly don't dress preppy! LOL

And I wouldn't have spent money on designer maternity clothes. Seems a waste of money to be since you only wear them for a few months.

I prefer to invest money into better made clothing when I'm not pregnant.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:55 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,839,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrow08 View Post
I believe if the media tells viewers that this is an outrage then it will be an outrage. If the media never put the story on the air and we as shoppers seen on our own that the store now sold maternity clothes most of us would not have even had a second thought about it.
If there is outrage, it won't hurt Forever 21. Forever 21 is benefiting from all of this free publicity.

I'm sure there are many adult pregnant women who planned to visit Forever 21 after hearing/reading this news story.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:56 PM

852 posts, read 1,363,205 times
I never thought of Forever 21 as being a teen store anyway. I thought of it as being a store for people who wanted inexpensive trendy clothes. I agree that this is one of those non-stories that are frequently used to keep a 24 hour news stream going.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,445,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
I never thought of Forever 21 as being a teen store anyway. I thought of it as being a store for people who wanted inexpensive trendy clothes. I agree that this is one of those non-stories that are frequently used to keep a 24 hour news stream going.
Lately that seems to be all that is available.

'The Issues'--Racism, domestic violence, teen pregnancy, gender issues, insanity

Most interesting news today--the weather.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 PM

10,629 posts, read 26,681,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
If there is outrage, it won't hurt Forever 21. Forever 21 is benefiting from all of this free publicity.

I'm sure there are many adult pregnant women who planned to visit Forever 21 after hearing/reading this news story.
I agree; there are probably a lot of women out there who haven't shopped at Forever 21 lately who are now thinking: hey! a new, cheap alternative for some nice maternity clothes to see me through the next several months! (not to mention mothers or grandmothers who are looking to buy their pregnant daughters/granddaughters a little something fun; I know both my mom and grandmother both bought me some things when I was pregnant, and both commented on how much better the selection of maternity clothes is now than it was when they were younger)

Definitely a non-story, except for those who are in need of maternity clothing and now know that some Forever 21 stores now offer it.

Old 07-22-2010, 09:31 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,091,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
so i was at my local mall yesterday, and i noticed that forever 21 was moving into the old mervyns place.
Why am I thinking you don't miss a thing?

Old 07-22-2010, 08:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,346,500 times
I shopped at Forever 21 before I was pregnant (after 21) When I got pregnant the "cute" maternity clothes were not in my price range so I just ended up wearing plus sized clothes.

I don't have an issue with them having a maternity line.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:57 AM

43 posts, read 75,173 times
It is just joking having maternity clothes for teens. Today I do not know how these types of maternity stores are running. But some how we have to run with time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy