Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 AM

1,261 posts, read 6,105,626 times

Advertisements

PGD stands for pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and when couples pursue invitro fertilization it is often used to diagnose if an embryo carries a genetic disease or to determine the cause of other fertility issues (e.g., early losses). Its costly and I don't think this is something you even need to pursue.

I think I read somewhere that the closer you get to timing intercourse to your ovulation day, the better your chance of having a boy. But frankly, I don't think there isn't any scientific proof of that working with certainty.

Last edited by Marka; 07-30-2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: removed quote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 04:05 PM

14 posts, read 127,027 times
i am doing everything that i can eg,charting my bbt, and the boy diat but i was wondring weather if there was anyone who knows any tips on what my hubby can do to keep his sperm count up and also what els he can do to asway a boy
i would be very greatful to anyone for tips
thankyou

Old 07-14-2007, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,458 times
Default Baby Boy!!

I have been in your shoes... many years ago.... and am happy to say I had the son we wanted so badly after having two beautiful, precious, amazing daughters!! He will turn 26 this year!!

I followed the natural method as written in a book entitled "Now You Can Choose" by two doctors.... I believe their last names were Rorvick and Shettles......I would look it up online for you now but my computer is acting up and will not allow me to search.. but I have found them online before for folks I work with.... I love to cook and I tease everyone that I have a recipe for everything... even little boys and little girls!!!!!!!!!

They say it is more fun to try and have a girl... girl sperm live longer...*see it is true that men are the weaker sex right from the V E R Y beginning...!!!!* and that you should have sex very frequently when trying for a girl.... FOR a BOY - they do recommend timing intercourse as close to ovulation as possible... thus giving the little guys a better chance to get there and fertilize the egg... they also recommend an acidic environ for boys (douching with a vinegar douche before intercourse) and an alkaline environ for girls(a baking soda douche)........there are a few other basic suggestions as well.....

during my pregnancy I met 12 other women who had tried the methods as prescribed in the book..........some had wanted girls and some boys...........and each of us had the baby we were trying for!!

Amazing........yes.......
True..............yes....

Good luck to you and I wish you success......

Last edited by Savvylady50; 07-14-2007 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: needed to add some info

Old 07-14-2007, 08:19 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
If I remember correctly they sell a kit that looks like a pregnancy kit, where you pee on the stick and it tells you when you ovulate. I do think you also have to count out your cycle and take your temperature but this is supposed to help nail it down even closer.

Good luck to you.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:43 PM

i an going to get the supliments that we need to asway for a boy and also get the ovulation kit that will hopfulypin point when i have ovulated.
i am shore from the prevuse months of timing that i ovulate aprroximatly on the 13th or the 14th day of my cycle so this can be confirmed next month with the kit.
thankyou for telling me about the shettles method, myself and my dh have been reading about his gender selection for the past whole year but when we are about to try it out for real we are both feeling very worryed incase we get anything wrong.
i am just praying for the best for all the coples who are going through the same as ourselves.
good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68-19 View Post
Why mess with god's work?
i would just like to say if we are doing it the natural way then whats so wrong with that, if it was someone with firtality problems would you still call it "messing with god's work"???? beuause there is nothing natural about ivf but still for meny people its the only way to have a family of their own.
meny people dont get sucsess with ivf the first time and they have to go for it lots of times, everyone knows that ivf is not cheap as my friend is going through ivf if it dose not work it will mean houndrends of pounds/dollers down the drane.
this is why i recon that the ones that can have children should count themselves lucky and if they wont to balance there family out without anyone or any matchein interfring then there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Marka; 07-30-2011 at 05:32 AM..

Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
The original post was about selecting the sex of a baby, not fertility. i'm not talking about fertility problems, i'm talking about choosing the sex of your baby, why not be happy with what god gives you - the biggest concern should be having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. A baby is a gift and you should be happy with the baby whether it is a boy or girl. What's next, picking the baby's eye color and hair color?

Last edited by Marka; 07-30-2011 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: removed quote

Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM

i would never go as fare as a geneticly modified child,im from a very relegus background and dont belive in anything of this sort unless there was a medical reason for it that ment life or death
i agree with you for what you are saying,i will be happy with whatever god gives me but there is nothing wrong in ganing knowlage in how the humen body works if the enviroment is changed
i hope you will understand what im trying to say as you may have noticed im not that good with words

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
i hope i didn't offend you as i didn't mean to. I just feel that you already have three beautiful, healthy daughters - you are luckier than most!! I didn't mean to thrown religion at you either. Maybe I should of said - "why mess with mother nature" - you know after having three in a row of females your bound to have a boy next. I sure hope you do and good luck!!

Last edited by Marka; 07-30-2011 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: removed quote

Old 07-18-2007, 04:02 PM

no you have defenetly not offended me,i have found this debate very intresting and now for some reason i feel i can talk to you about anying.
please do not worry because i dont get offende easly, i am a very relaxed person and love to talk and get to know other people.
and i hope what you said about having a baby boy after 3 daughters is right as this is all i think of day and night and i feel this is where my faith comes in because i have been told that if we get every thing in life then no one will have a reason to remember god so this is why we have small tests in our lives
and now i spend most of my time not just prying for my self but other people in the same boat as myself and the ones who are more worse off then us
also thanking god at the same time

we got the ph strips through the post today,im a little puzzled as to what to do next???? i mean how is the best method to use them and when is the best time to use them
if there is anyone who has used them before, i would love to hear from you and i would like to know what method you used and also what was the outcome
i find this whole exoeriance very exciting,we are going to go for it in the next month and i am getting nurvers in the fact that we have got alot to look forward to so please keep the information comming
love to hear from ladies who are in the same stage as myself

i was wondring if anyone has used the chinese gended prodiction calculater?????, iv heard its 93% accurat and the people that i have talked to seem quite confident with it
i have tested it using the dates and the months of conseption at the time of my 3 doughters and all 3 times it showed as girls, i know its weard but what can i say this got me thinking and we have decided to ttc for our son in augest because the chinese gender calculator has prodicted that if you are 25 years old and you ttc in augest you should have a boy
we were going to go for it in augest anyway so this has made us more shore that this is just the right time.
i would love to hear from anyone who has used the chinese gender calculator in the past and what was the result????
im feeling quite excited about it and looking forward to hearing your stories because its the first-hand experians that counts i will be keeping you posted
good luck

Last edited by Marka; 07-30-2011 at 05:32 AM..

Old 07-23-2007, 03:27 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,521 times
Please dont take this the wrong way but what if you have another girl ?
The reason I ask this is because I was Daughter number 4 and never got on with my Father as he was disappointed that I was ANOTHER girl.

Last edited by Marka; 07-30-2011 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: removed quote
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy