Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 06:50 AM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbield View Post
My last two periods took a while to come and were unusually light and short for me. My lower abdomen feels tighter than usual and very uncomfortable to lay on. My breasts are significantly bigger and perkier than they have been since being pregnant seven years ago. I have been tired some days hyper others...feeling like fainting and any physical activity seems to be laboured more than usual. Feeling out of shape out of breath and i am a very active person. Had a tubal (laproscopy) november 2013. Have not felt pregnant until now. Took a urine test and it was negative. Have some discomfort having sex and feeling pressure on bladder and some irregularity in bowels. What should i do. I feel like a fool for thinking i may be pregnant. What should i do?
See a gynecologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,075 times
It's been 23 years.
I'm 49
No cycle for 2 months.
Morning sickness.
Tender breasts.
Weight gain.
No s/s menopause as I've researched.
Whaddaya think?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyl8y2luv View Post
It's been 23 years.
I'm 49
No cycle for 2 months.
Morning sickness.
Tender breasts.
Weight gain.
No s/s menopause as I've researched.
Whaddaya think?

Have you had sex?

Pregnancy test results?

Old 06-15-2015, 10:53 AM

3 posts, read 5,824 times
I had my tubes tied about 4 years ago, i found out i was pregnant back in november but miscarried in december and we were heart broken! I just found out last week that were expecting again, i will be 9 weeks tomorrow and thats when my first dr appointment is to find out if its in my uterus or in my tubes. I am unbelievably nervous because now i am worried about another miscarriage and im also wondering what are the chances of birth defects and/or having a special needs child? I just need to know so i can have enough time be prepared... awaiting someone's serious response.....

Old 06-15-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How was the ectopic treated? If it was treated medically, you might be at risk to get pregnant again --- and another ectopic.

You have your choice of removing the tubes, using another method of birth control (vasectomy for partner an option?), or doing nothing and accepting the risk of another pregnancy.

You could ask if the Essure procedure is an option for you. It may not be depending on how the original tubal sterilization was done.

[url=http://essure.com/]Essure Home Page[/url]
Im sorry but the Essure procedure is a horrible option, i had mine done about 4 years ago and found out i was pregnant back in November and miscarried in December. I have since then become pregnant again. Tomorrow i will be 9 weeks exactly and its also my first doctor appointment to see how things are going i.e is it ectopic, or in my uterus and what are the chances of another miscarriage....hopefully everything is exactly how it should be. But i must say again before i leave i DO NOT recommend the Essure procedure at all!!!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almostcrazy3085 View Post
Im sorry but the Essure procedure is a horrible option, i had mine done about 4 years ago and found out i was pregnant back in November and miscarried in December. I have since then become pregnant again. Tomorrow i will be 9 weeks exactly and its also my first doctor appointment to see how things are going i.e is it ectopic, or in my uterus and what are the chances of another miscarriage....hopefully everything is exactly how it should be. But i must say again before i leave i DO NOT recommend the Essure procedure at all!!!
Any tubal sterilization procedure can fail. If you had used a different method would you be saying that you would not recommend that one either?

I am surprised that you have not already had an ultrasound, though. The gestational sac can usually be seen between five and six weeks from the first day of the last period.

It sounds as if you are happy about the pregnancy. I hope all goes well. If you have had no pain or bleeding by now, the risk of an ectopic is smaller. Having the Essure fail will not increase the risk of birth defects. Wishing you good luck tomorrow!

Old 06-15-2015, 06:35 PM

No, actually i wish i would have chosen a differnt method because now that the procesure has been out for a while, alot of doctors are telling me that they would have never recommended that procedure to someone so young.. i was 26 when i had it done. Now im hearing it doesnt last very long and should be for older patients. My husband and i are very excited! But i try not to be just incase something does happen i dont want it to hit so hard this time. I wouldnt say ive had pain, although i did have a few tiny little cramps yesterday in the lower right side of my abdomen.. but can that be from having my tubes tied and now everything is stretching inside? I already know i wont be able to sleep tonight and tomorrow will be agony until my appointment at 1:30. My husband decided to take the day off so he can be with me (he works 2nd shift) we're just hoping and praying for a happy healthy baby! Thanks for the lucky wishes!!!

Old 07-12-2015, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,837 times
it has been almost 10 years since i had a tubal where they was tied and burned and the last few days i have been feeling sick to my stomach and been having to urinate more often and i am just wondering if it is possible i could be pregnant and if so i would be like a month along.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma40360 View Post
it has been almost 10 years since i had a tubal where they was tied and burned and the last few days i have been feeling sick to my stomach and been having to urinate more often and i am just wondering if it is possible i could be pregnant and if so i would be like a month along.
It's always possible, but a urinary infection would be more likely. Have you done a pregnancy test?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,722 times
hi everyone just seeing if anyone has experienced similar.

i had my tubes clamped (not cut or tied) back in feb 2000 I had 4 kids by c-section & was in dv relationship & didn't want more babies to him. 4mts later police removed him & I found a wonderful man, almost 15 yrs & still strong.

so for the last 2 or so years I've been getting pain L side pelvic area & doctors done every test, scan seen nothing wrong, could it have been the tube healing?. I'm clockwork with my cycle, it's like the dependable friend you know will always be there.

Well last period was 28th July had I very light brownish discharge that was there when I wiped nothing flowing,lasted about half a day if that. Have missed my August period due 28th.

ive been getting super dizzy, frequent urination heavy boobs that ugly stomach "over hang" you get after c-sections is weird, the scar has fleshy type small bumps, red & rashy the last 6 weeks, but not before last reg period in July. I feel so heavy in my lower pelvic region & full. Went to the doctor yesterday he said it's highly unlikely I'm pregnant but has ordered an ultrasound, he asked what I'm going to do if I am & without batting an eyelid I said "$h*t myself" haha

Home pregnancy tests are neg but with all my pregnancies I never got a positive, urine or blood until about week 12-15 with girls I had nosebleeds & with the boys I had a violent rush of hormones like someone was beating me with a bat

has anyone had this experience or know of anyone that has? I know the ultrasound will tell but I live in a rural area & can't get an U/S until next week I'm stressing

thanks in advance for sharing your experiences xxx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy