Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 08:07 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times

Advertisements

I found out with all seven!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 08:15 AM

92 posts, read 119,071 times
we found out asap I was hoping that one of them would be a boy.....they were both girls though...lol, we're definitely going to try for a boy in the future.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
As someone said "back in the dark ages" the only way to "tell" was by how you carried (low or high) or have a gypsy dangle your wedding band from a string over your belly, if it swung one way it was a girl the other, a boy.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:48 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
With the first one we weren't sure whether or not we wanted to know. Went in for the ultra sound and about 2 minutes in...wiener. No need to even ask if we wanted to know, it was pretty obvious.

With the last two we wanted to know so we could plan on what to buy and to decorate the room. Both were girls, but the ultrasound folks were never 100% sure. They were like we think those are girl parts, but we can't be sure. Based on the experience with my son, if it wasn't blatantly obvious it was a boy, it was probably a girl, lol.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,383,947 times
Found out all three times and they were always correct.

For #3 dh and I had decided to be surprised. But, family members started to pressure us and then there were complications that warranted several ultrasounds so we ended up finding out.

It would have been fun to have been surprised, but it was nice to be able to plan ahead for the nursery, baby gear, etc.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:16 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
We didnt. My ex and I wanted it to be a surprise for the delivery room. However, in my heart, I always knew it was a boy. My poor baby wore yellow and green for a good 6months after he was born. People would always tell me my daughter was beautiful lol.

Did you find out the sex of your little one(s) before they were born? Were the doctors correct? Incorrect?
We did not want the doctors to tell us, as we preferred to be surprised

However, I kinda "knew" in my heart they were each boys!

Old 10-14-2010, 11:19 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Well, our baby isn't born yet, but we don't know if it's a he or a she, and we don't want to know!
When we tell people we want it to be a surprise, they always look at us as if we had said something terrible! Or tell us things like "but how are you going to decorate the nursery if you don't know"? Believe me, the nursery will be really nice... neutrals exist! And I'm not the "pink for girls, blue for boys" kind of person, anyway...

Good for you! And congrats on your new baby

Lemon yellow works for boys or girls and makes a lovely nursery! I loved it

Old 10-14-2010, 05:25 PM

707 posts, read 1,466,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedGypsy View Post
we found out asap I was hoping that one of them would be a boy.....they were both girls though...lol, we're definitely going to try for a boy in the future.

I have a feeling the one im pregnant with is going to be the only boy...Its a weird feeling I have. I hope not though I dont want a house full of 3 girls and 1 boy... I would pull my hair out if they were all PMSing at the same time like me and my sister did.... (We want 4 kids already have one daughter and this ones a a boy )

Old 10-15-2010, 08:03 AM

992 posts, read 2,372,457 times
Just found out yesterday we're having another girl...now we'll have 3 girls and one boy....my poor husband and son!

May have to stock up on Midol and chocolates now!!!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:28 AM

356 posts, read 916,523 times
We didn't find out for either one and I had at least 4 ultrasounds with each. The tech/ dr. just didn't show us that region. I thought #1 was probably a boy because I had PUPPPS rash (which is more common with boys) and because my dr. would sometimes refer to the baby as "he", but #1 is a girl. I thought #2 was probably a boy and was right.

We were the only ones in our prenatal class that did not know the sex of our baby. I'm glad we did not find out ahead of time with either. I'm not big on decorating or the whole blue/ pink thing and I don't really like pink anyway. The second time it was really easy because all our newborn stuff was gender neutral from #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy