U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,883,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime_mac View Post
Do some research, it's not always 100% reversible. And if a Dr would even reverse it, it's not guaranteed to work once it's done. Dr's don't do vasectomy's as a form of birth control.
Not only that, but the reversal is supposed to be really painful.

For the OP, my husband and I used condoms as our birth control method for five years and had two break during that time. It didn't result in pregnancy either time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 10:56 AM

8,516 posts, read 3,812,150 times
And even if she says she's pregnant...absolutely insist on DNA testing.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:45 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreQ View Post
I had sex with a 33 year old coworker. This is the first time ever that I've had a condom break. I'm worried, and she is against the Plan B pill. She doesn't seem stressed out about it, and just says, "it won't be the end of the world." What do you think the odds are of her being pregnant? She said she possibly could be ovulating at the time because it was 2 weeks since her last period. Holy crap, should I start investing in diapers?!
Obviously she's not stressed out about it, she's already given it some thought...if she wasn't receptive to being a mother she would take the morning after pill, and end all doubt......she could very well BE pregnant, and whether YOU'RE stressed or not, this woman could very well end up being the mother of your child.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:23 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,447,336 times
It is not that easy for some women to get PG...it takes more than one "opps"...I took me 6 months of dedicated TRYING to get PG...so maybe this one time thing will not be a big deal.

Note, for future reference, always have a back up plan, using Spermicide as well as a condom

Last edited by jasper12; 03-31-2011 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: edit.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:29 PM

579 posts, read 717,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That is why I always went with the idea of thinking about if I would want to be tied forever to someone before engaging in such an activity. This would be a hard lesson to learn by. She almost seems like she would want to be pregnant and I am wondering how "popular" she is. Also surprised that a woman that age that engages in sex would not be using a birth control method. Whose condom was this? If she is pregnant, I would advise a paternity test because you're looking at 18 years of monthly payments. Some really expensive sex! I really hope she is not pregnant and that you learn from this experience.
Why one earth would a woman by default be on some kind of long term BC when it come with a whole set of risks (hormonal side effects, infection from IUD etc)? Women typically only go on that sort of BC when they are in a long term relationship. A condom should be enough for any reasonable male or female.

To the OP, if the condom had spermicide on it you are probably ok. If not, and she is a fertile myrtle, you're probably going to be a dad. Both of my two kids were one shot wonders (planned) and I have a niece who was a one time condom accident.

So it just depends on how fertile she is and how virile your sperm is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
if she wasn't receptive to being a mother she would take the morning after pill,
The morning after pill is an aborficant-- she may not believe in abortion.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM

14,313 posts, read 12,569,286 times
Quote:
Do some research, it's not always 100% reversible. And if a Dr would even reverse it, it's not guaranteed to work once it's done. Dr's don't do vasectomy's as a form of birth control.
They don't? Why do they do them?

Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM

8,309 posts, read 33,329,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreQ View Post
I had sex with a 33 year old coworker. This is the first time ever that I've had a condom break. I'm worried, and she is against the Plan B pill. She doesn't seem stressed out about it, and just says, "it won't be the end of the world." What do you think the odds are of her being pregnant? She said she possibly could be ovulating at the time because it was 2 weeks since her last period. Holy crap, should I start investing in diapers?!
Do you have a lot of money?

Is this co-worker someone who has been throwing herself at you for a long time and you finally caved under the onslaught? (you shouldn't ever do that - always trouble)

Unfortunately, you have no way of knowing whether the two of you are fertile-mertyls together. Some people (probably most people in the range of 30 years of age) simply have an extremely easy time successfully merging gametes.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:25 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,988,868 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
They don't? Why do they do them?
I think jaime_mac meant that doctors don't do them as a form of *temporary* birth control. Permanent birth control? Yes, of course. But not temporary, since not all reversals are successful.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 AM

21,491 posts, read 26,089,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
Why one earth would a woman by default be on some kind of long term BC when it come with a whole set of risks (hormonal side effects, infection from IUD etc)? Women typically only go on that sort of BC when they are in a long term relationship. A condom should be enough for any reasonable male or female.

To the OP, if the condom had spermicide on it you are probably ok. If not, and she is a fertile myrtle, you're probably going to be a dad. Both of my two kids were one shot wonders (planned) and I have a niece who was a one time condom accident.

So it just depends on how fertile she is and how virile your sperm is.

The morning after pill is an aborficant-- she may not believe in abortion.
The morning after pill is not an abortifacient. It will not cause the loss of an already implanted embryo.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:23 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,848,534 times
It has been 2 weeks. Where is the OP? Is she or isn't she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or