U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 PM

26 posts, read 85,045 times

Advertisements

I had sex with a 33 year old coworker. This is the first time ever that I've had a condom break. I'm worried, and she is against the Plan B pill. She doesn't seem stressed out about it, and just says, "it won't be the end of the world." What do you think the odds are of her being pregnant? She said she possibly could be ovulating at the time because it was 2 weeks since her last period. Holy crap, should I start investing in diapers?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 07:09 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,033,838 times
No way of knowing right now. If she was ovulating (not all women do 2 weeks after the start of their last period), there is a chance she is pregnant, but it also depend how much semen got into her... even in ideal conception conditions, she may not get pregnant. Wait 2 weeks, then have her take a test.

Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 PM

26 posts, read 85,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_ie View Post
No way of knowing right now. If she was ovulating (not all women do 2 weeks after the start of their last period), there is a chance she is pregnant, but it also depend how much semen got into her... even in ideal conception conditions, she may not get pregnant. Wait 2 weeks, then have her take a test.
Thanks for the reply. All of the sex ed I had in high school has convinced me that even sneezing next to an ovulating woman can knock her up. Hopefully she'll agree to take a test in two weeks to put my mind at ease--or give me a whole new ball of wax to stress out about!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:56 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,603,242 times
Well, if she's against Plan B and does not consider the issue to be a big deal, there's nothing you can do, so stressing yourself out is counter-productive. Either she will be or won't be pregnant.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:16 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,057,966 times
That is why I always went with the idea of thinking about if I would want to be tied forever to someone before engaging in such an activity. This would be a hard lesson to learn by. She almost seems like she would want to be pregnant and I am wondering how "popular" she is. Also surprised that a woman that age that engages in sex would not be using a birth control method. Whose condom was this? If she is pregnant, I would advise a paternity test because you're looking at 18 years of monthly payments. Some really expensive sex! I really hope she is not pregnant and that you learn from this experience.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:15 AM

5,703 posts, read 15,481,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That is why I always went with the idea of thinking about if I would want to be tied forever to someone before engaging in such an activity. This would be a hard lesson to learn by. She almost seems like she would want to be pregnant and I am wondering how "popular" she is. Also surprised that a woman that age that engages in sex would not be using a birth control method. Whose condom was this? If she is pregnant, I would advise a paternity test because you're looking at 18 years of monthly payments. Some really expensive sex! I really hope she is not pregnant and that you learn from this experience.
Ya...sounds like she is a ding bat IMO.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 AM

10,630 posts, read 22,744,640 times
I'm sure she's worried, too; she could also just be doing the internal debate along the lines of "I'd like to have a baby, I wasn't planning on having a baby right now, but if I'm pregnant... well, I'm 33 and not in a relationship [I'm assuming] and time is marching by, so maybe I can make this work." And she (and you) could. In the meantime, there's really nothing you can do now. The odds are still relatively slim that she'll get pregnant from this one time, but it's certainly a possibility. Calm down and try not to worry about it for another three weeks or so. If she is, then you can start to deal with the ramifications then.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:57 AM

175 posts, read 203,354 times
Get yourself snipped and when your ready to have kids have it reversed!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:04 AM

3,302 posts, read 3,754,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreQ View Post
I had sex with a 33 year old coworker. This is the first time ever that I've had a condom break. I'm worried, and she is against the Plan B pill. She doesn't seem stressed out about it, and just says, "it won't be the end of the world." What do you think the odds are of her being pregnant? She said she possibly could be ovulating at the time because it was 2 weeks since her last period. Holy crap, should I start investing in diapers?!
Maybe yes maybe not. However, it may be best to get ready for it. It she is not pregnant, great! Do you and her have long term plans with each other? Right now it is time to find that out also. Based on that you need to plan accordingly, take care.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:46 PM

1,203 posts, read 3,706,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docaholic View Post
Get yourself snipped and when your ready to have kids have it reversed!
Do some research, it's not always 100% reversible. And if a Dr would even reverse it, it's not guaranteed to work once it's done. Dr's don't do vasectomy's as a form of birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or