Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:46 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
What I'm wondering is if OP is supposed to be on bed rest, why is she shopping?
The shopping was the least of it to me when I read it. The doctor tells you on the 8th to go home and rest for a few days so on the 9th you go on vacay? My husband would have canceled that trip so fast. I don't care if it was a lay-back-do-nothing trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 06:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
I stopped reading where he expected you to cook his dinner, and do dishes. And you were so ill, you had your Mother come over...that is where I would have filed for divorce.

So, that is my opinion on your husband.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,620 times
You know, this the only post on the web that I have found on an overbearing husband during preganancy? They MUST be a rare breed! My husband has been helpful, cleaning up, etc, (then again he's always been a clean freak) & he also preps my breakfast & water bottles before I go to work. My thing is, his constant critcism & comments on how my nutrition & sleep is not sufficient, or how I should buy new clothes (he hates any clothes older than a year- clean freak & vain fashionista), he also freaks out when i'm standing at top of the stairs even though i'm a whole foot from the stairs edge, he always wants to see me holding on to something - the wall, handle, anything, in case i may topple over - nice way to make me feel! what am i? Humpty dumpty????! He talks about how atheletes eat well because they know the sacrifice of the big event/task they need to accomplish & all they sacrifice & do nutritionly & rest wise to achieve that. Ugh! I admit Sunday thru Thursday i get only 6 hours maybe less, but it's something I am working to improve. Funny thing is, in the beginning he would criticize me for resting too much, talking how people have shorter life spans by laying around too much & watching TV, but now thast he's reading how much rest i need - now he's on me about it - I don't know what to do, because I cook dinner for us - which doesn't leave much time for me to rest. He'd cook, but tends to whine & so I rather do it, because i have to direct step by step anyhow if he cooks. Also if he sees me rest outside of regular bedtime - to him it's a signal i did not sleep well or get enough sleep during the night & need to go to sleep earlier. (he's got a weird concept on Naps should never be necessary). i gotta say it's rather overwhelming, because it makes me feel sad, it makes me feel inept & never good enough. Even though I know i'm not eating horribly, my lack of eating some vegetables or eating the VERY occasional & rare "fat/bad food" such as a burger, pizza or candy bar, is in no way acceptable. Am I not allowed to feel a little normal? I'm 26 weeks & since my 15th week I have gained 12 lbs (before that no gain) & I really watch my weight because I was already 20 lbs overweight to begin with. I thought ahusband should be supportive or at least believe in you! especially when pregnant! - but I guess that's too far fetched or a fantasy ofmine or i am being too sensitive?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousMoi View Post
My husband and I are now around 29 weeks pregnant. Through out my pregnancy he's been very protective of me and he's getting to the point of overbearing. It just seems like I never do anything right. (This is the first child for both of us.)

When I was in my 1st trimester I was constantly tired... I woke up about 4:45 after not sleeping very well, worked from 5:30am to 1pm, came home and immediatley fell to sleep and woke up to make him dinner if I could around 4pm (my morning sickness was so bad I couldn't stand the smell of food for a few weeks so I didn't/couldn't cook or do dishes... I lived off saltine crackers and sugar free pudding.) then go right back to sleep and wake up at 4:45am to go to work again... I was sleeping around 15 hours a day. He said I wasn't doing enough, the dishes weren't done, his dinner wasn't cooked etc... so I actually had to call my mother over a few times to do our dishes because I couldn't without getting sick.
That is him being a over protective?
Quote:
Now that I'm in my 3rd trimester I'm doing too much. I was put on to bed rest after going to the doctor to have swelling checked. They said I had very mild signs of preeclampsia BUT my blood pressure was amazing as it always has been. My doctor told me to go home and rest for a few days and if the swelling or other symptoms came back to call her. That was the 8th of July. On Saturday the 9th we went out of town on a trip (where all I had to do was walk from the car to a resteraunt, and back... and from the car to the hotel and back.) and since then I've been taking it easy around the house, not lifting things but since I'm starting to "nest" I've been going shopping which makes him mad because he says I HAVE to stay home, and lay in bed. The doctor just told me to take it easy, not that I was confined to bed. If I lift anything he gets upset with me, (a month ago I lifted an almost empty tool bag (had maybe 5 tools in it) that maybe weighed 8lbs and he went balistic and actually yelled at me.)

Anyway... this morning we were talking...I bought our baby boy an outfit that matches his dad's work gear (Carhartt overalls) and said how I'd like to get him a little pair of boots, bigger so that it didn't hurt his feet because a lot of people say not to put shoes on babies until they are actually walking... and he starts telling me how selfish I am because I'm not doing what the books says, and how I'm not doing what's best for our child and that I haven't been. I am the one carrying him, and doing all the research... if I feel just the slightest bit wrong I call the doctor. I just feel he's being an ass and I don't know why. Maybe it's the hormones but I'm just in tears... I'm trying not to let this stress me out for our baby's sake.

Did anyone else have this issue when they were pregnant?
A jerk of a husband? Pregnancy can do that to someone? Or was he a jerk before, and you did not notice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy