U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 AM

1,930 posts, read 2,955,093 times

Advertisements

Spelling something incorrectly doesn't make it unique or feminine. I like MRE. Or how about Typo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:24 AM

20,797 posts, read 32,983,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
It just boggles my mind why people insist on using unusual spellings on names. Guess what - it doesnt make your child any more unique just because their name is spelled stupidly.

Then again, this is coming from someone who named their child "Andrew". Maybe I should have done it Ahnd-rew.
Or JhAnjh'dru

Of course the the jh at the beginning is silent and the jh in the middle sound like an--but you knew that right

Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 AM

870 posts, read 694,856 times
I would go with Emerie. I think that is a beautiful name and a perfectly reasonable spelling. The most that she will get if you spell it like that is "Y" or "IE". But not everyone will know how to spell it anyway. But I definitely dont like it with the O in the middle. Dont listen to people tell you to name her Emma or Emily. There will be a million of them in her class or school and Emerie is different without being crazy.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 AM

6,322 posts, read 2,873,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
My wife and I are expecting another daughter in April and have decided to name her Emory June. We are looking for alternate spellings for Emory to make it more feminine. Was hoping to get others opinions I have a brain block right now. I have about 10 variations wrote down...wanted to see more.
Emoree Emrie Emree

Old 03-09-2012, 09:32 AM

675 posts, read 748,387 times
Emry , Emri, Emrie, Emree, Emrey,
Sarah Kate

Old 03-09-2012, 10:05 AM

1,063 posts, read 762,362 times
I like Emarie. Geesh guys give the guy a break. I named my daughter Trinitee. Honestly the way I came up with that is very strange but I like it. The only time it annoys me is when I call places to make an appointment and I have to spell the name out or when my Mom had a xmas ornament made for her and spelled her name Trinitte. (She claims the guy who made it made the mistake) but other than that I like what I chose.

But some ideas are Emarie, Imory, Imarie.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:06 AM

22,276 posts, read 13,106,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Be kind to your kid.
This.

Parents hang an odd name on a kid because THEY like it. But the parents aren't the one being teased on the playground. The parents aren't the ones spending the rest of their life correcting people on how their name is spelled or pronounced. The parents aren't the ones who can't find a ruler or a cup or a pin with their name on it, like their friends can.

Think of your child, not yourself.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 AM

2,809 posts, read 3,942,077 times
If anyone wants to see unusual spelling taken to a new level, watch Toddlers and Tiaras.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM

2,447 posts, read 2,214,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
I like Emarie. Geesh guys give the guy a break. I named my daughter Trinitee. Honestly the way I came up with that is very strange but I like it. The only time it annoys me is when I call places to make an appointment and I have to spell the name out or when my Mom had a xmas ornament made for her and spelled her name Trinitte. (She claims the guy who made it made the mistake) but other than that I like what I chose.

But some ideas are Emarie, Imory, Imarie.

Sorry but you have no one to blame but yourself when you're "annoyed" at having to spell her name out. YOU chose to spell it that way, not other people.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 AM

1,063 posts, read 762,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Sorry but you have no one to blame but yourself when you're "annoyed" at having to spell her name out. YOU chose to spell it that way, not other people.

Who am I blaming????? The annoyance last all of 10 seconds. As I said. I do not regret the spelling. Sooooooo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy