Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 AM

6 posts, read 14,965 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

Does anyone have similar situation before? What did your doctor say? How is the baby? My OB appointment is three weeks later. Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:58 AM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,069 times
I got an MMR booster at my first OB appt. So, they knew I was pregnant and gave it to me (this tells me that it was safe to do so). If it's been a month since you had the innoculation, I wouldn't worry about it. For your peace of mind, I would ask your OB at your first appt., but it should be find.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:18 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Vaccines: Pubs/Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women

"Because of the importance of protecting women of childbearing age against rubella and varicella, reasonable practices in any vaccination program include asking women if they are pregnant or might become pregnant in the next 4 weeks; not vaccinating women who state that they are or plan to become pregnant; explaining the theoretical risk for the fetus of MMR, varicella, or MMRV vaccine were administered to a woman who is pregnant; and counseling women who are vaccinated not to become pregnant during the 4 weeks after MMR, varicella, or MMRV vaccination. . . . Routine pregnancy testing of women of childbearing age before administering a live-virus vaccine is not recommended. If a pregnant woman is inadvertently vaccinated or becomes pregnant within 4 weeks after MMR or varicella vaccination, she should be counseled about the theoretical basis of concern for the fetus; however, MMR or varicella vaccination during pregnancy should not be considered a reason to terminate pregnancy."

So, you are out of that 4 week period.

In addition, there are no confirmed cases of congenital rubella syndrome (CRS) on women who received the vaccine during pregnancy.

"A registry of susceptible women vaccinated with rubella vaccine between 3 months before and 3 months after conception – the "Vaccine in Pregnancy (VIP) Registry" – was kept between 1971 and 1989. No evidence of CRS occurred in the offspring of the 226 women who received the current RA 27/3 rubella vaccine and continued their pregnancy to term."

Edited to add: the Td is fine. However, your OB may recommend a Tdap when you go home from the hospital to reduce the risk of exposing your baby to whooping cough. Any adults who come in contact with your baby should take it.

And congratulations!

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 04-13-2012 at 02:26 AM..

Old 04-13-2012, 02:20 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
I got an MMR booster at my first OB appt. So, they knew I was pregnant and gave it to me (this tells me that it was safe to do so). If it's been a month since you had the innoculation, I wouldn't worry about it. For your peace of mind, I would ask your OB at your first appt., but it should be find.
Are you sure you got an MMR?

It is not recommended for routine use in pregnancy. Most OBs give it after delivery if a blood test shows the mom is not immune to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy