Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 812 times

Advertisements

I did a sonogram for the first time today and she told me it will take two weeks for my results. but my last period was on December 13th 2016 and it is now February 17th, 2017. So if i am pregnant will they give me my results sooner than that or will i still have to wait the 2 weeks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 01:31 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
I don't understand. When you have a sonogram (ultrasound) the doctor/technician can instantly see if there is an embryo in the uterus, especially if, according your dates, you are somewhere around 8 weeks pregnant. Either they saw something there or they didn't. It shouldn't take two weeks or even two minutes to figure that out. Did you take a home pregnancy test? They are very accurate.

Old 02-17-2017, 02:59 PM

772 posts, read 1,059,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle_belle23 View Post
I did a sonogram for the first time today and she told me it will take two weeks for my results. but my last period was on December 13th 2016 and it is now February 17th, 2017. So if i am pregnant will they give me my results sooner than that or will i still have to wait the 2 weeks?
I too don't understand. Based on a 12/13/16 first day of last period, you are 9weeks and 3 days pregnant. A sonogram is just an ultrasound and at this point, should be able to tell you if you are pregnant, if there's a heartbeat and if the pregnancy is where it should be in your uterus and not ectopic. I've never heard of waiting 2 weeks for an ultrasound result. The only thing I know that takes that long is all the 1st trimester screening but you are kinda too early for that at 9 weeks.. usually between 11 and 13 weeks. Call the Dr back and ask what they mean and that you need confirmation of you are pregnant or not
Good luck.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
Quote:
This doesn't make sense. If you became pregnant in December, there would be embryonic evidence of a pregnancy visible via ultrasound by this point. The person performing the ultrasound would see a developing embryo instantly, or would see an empty sac with no developing fetus, in the event of a blighted ovum (i.e. cells that fail to continue to develop post-conception, and the body still reacts as if there is a viable pregnancy, even though no embryo is growing in the gestational sac).

I can't think of any reason for a delay of any kind in determining pregnancy. If an ultrasound is performed, it is instantly visible to the person performing it.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:27 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,493,575 times
Quote:
I don't understand. Sonograms are instant, there's no waiting for results. Either there is an embryo developing or there isn't. Were they possibly speaking of the pregnancy being viable? Because the first trimester is so iffy? Wishing you the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy