Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 01:57 PM

92 posts, read 267,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
this is something you should be sharing with your husband...every second of it. I think he will be upset you did not tell him. Explain to him how important it is you get past the first trimester before any announcement is made.
I agree with this. Congratulations, but you really, really need to tell your husband everything right away. 'Fess up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 02:13 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazyOwls View Post
Sooo...what do you think? Is it really that bad that I have not shared any of this information with him?
yes, it is really that bad. this is the sort of thing men warn one another about.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:33 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
yes, it is really that bad. this is the sort of thing men warn one another about.
Yup, it's akin to him getting a big fat raise, cashing the check, and handing over the usual amount to wifey... and pocketing the balance without telling her.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:57 PM

1,149 posts, read 4,204,465 times
Really, if you are only 6 weeks along, I don't think the fact that you haven't told him is that horrible (since he will likely be over the moon). Many, MANY women take a few days to just get used to the idea. Still, that should be your next order of business, though there is nothing wrong with asking him to keep it under wraps for the first trimester.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Yup, it's akin to him getting a big fat raise, cashing the check, and handing over the usual amount to wifey... and pocketing the balance without telling her.
definitely worse than that

Old 03-21-2013, 04:23 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,214,540 times
find a cute way to tell him and do it quick

the fact you went off pill shouldn't be that big of an issue if it's something that he really wants - he may need a little minute to process it though and that's OK .... but if this is what he wants then excitement should settle in and he will want to be involved and cherish the times

if he didn't want kids then this would probably be a different post

Old 03-22-2013, 07:01 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,696,461 times
While I'm sure there are MANY instances out there of people having unplanned pregnancies, the OP and her husband had a chance of enjoying a planned pregnancy, which I thought was pretty cool. Considering that he wants kids... I don't really see the logic in not telling him you were coming off the pill. I reread the OP a few times and still don't get it.

I'd not have been pleased if my wife did that to me, even with your circumstances.

We were fortunate enough that we said "Ok, we want a baby" and BAM, pregnant. We just look at each other and she gets pregnant. I got to say, I think sex was especially awesome when we knew we were trying to get pregnant. That's not something you should take away from your husband either.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Congrats to you! While your secrecy may be "unconventional," hopefully if you explain it NOW to hub as you have to us, he will understand, and be THRILLED! Keep us posted on how you present the great news and on his reaction!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
My god , I dont see how congratulations are in order here.. youve lead your hubby a merry dance not telling him your were coming off the pill... thats just not right and what will happen now is in your hands..This should be a shared experience in every way..hope it all turns out ok for you both and the baby.
ITA! She's already cheated him out of trying to get pregnant. She shouldn't cheat him out of any more.

Deceit rarely turns out well.

To the OP, I cannot understand why you would not tell you husband you were trying to get pregnant. Lying about something this big is serious. I hope he's ok with a pregnancy right now.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:26 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,486,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
First, go buy and then take a home pregnancy test. You may simply be late !! If you are pregnant, tell your husband. If you should miscarry, it will at least prepare him rather than have it happen in the middle of the night and totally freak him out. Bad enough when you know there's a pregnancy and it happens. Be fair to him.

As for anyone else, simply put, who cares. You're married adults. What other people do, think, etc. should not be a concern of yours. Tell them when you feel like it.

Good luck if you are indeed preggers.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
this is something you should be sharing with your husband...every second of it. I think he will be upset you did not tell him. Explain to him how important it is you get past the first trimester before any announcement is made.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedSurprise View Post
Really, if you are only 6 weeks along, I don't think the fact that you haven't told him is that horrible (since he will likely be over the moon). Many, MANY women take a few days to just get used to the idea. Still, that should be your next order of business, though there is nothing wrong with asking him to keep it under wraps for the first trimester.
and this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy