Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:22 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,067 times

Advertisements

Congratulations!

I just hit 5 weeks along yesterday, so I'm excited to tell my family about it next week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 11:42 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
Congratulations!

I just hit 5 weeks along yesterday, so I'm excited to tell my family about it next week!
How are you telling them?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:09 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,540,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSatin View Post
Congratulations!

Congrats to you too! My husband and I were so excited we called our parents and told them today. I know we probably should have waited a bit since it is so early on, but we couldn't help but share the good news. I have an appointment Thursday to get the official pregnancy test done at the doctor's office, but I already had 2 home tests come out positive so I'm sure I am!

Old 12-19-2007, 07:07 AM

582 posts, read 2,009,067 times
I'm giving my mother, grandmother, and brother's family all Christmas cards from the baby. I got the idea from another forum I go on where a woman said she was sending out the news with Valentine's day cards. She obviously has more patience than I do, I wanted to tell my mom over the phone even though we'll be at her house in a few days. Especially since I knew when we were over for Hanukkah but didn't tell her because my in-laws are coming to town next weekend and we wanted to do it closer together.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
sbd78 - Congratulations! LOL - we told my parents and anyone who wanted to listen the moment I got my beta hcg test from my doctor! Hope you have an uneventful pregnancy.

Sara - hope your family enjoys getting their special Christmas cards!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:01 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,540,967 times
Thanks. I just got back from the doctor. My due date is Aug. 12.

Old 12-29-2007, 02:31 PM

194 posts, read 1,028,219 times
I started spotting last night and I had horrible cramps so we went to the ER. The doc did a pelvic exam and took blood to check the hcg levels. They didn't want to perform a ultrasound but I made them. The baby's heart was beating and it has grown. I'm just taking it slow today but I'm so scared. On Monday I will check in with my doctor to get the results of the blood work. I hope that everything will go well.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:59 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
Skittle - I am glad that you insisted on u/s & were able to see your baby's hb and growth. Bleeding could simply be that you have placenta previa - a lot of my friends have had this throughout their pregnancies with just fine outcomes. One friend had PP at the beginning of her pregnancy and it resolved itself (she bled/spotted on/off for about 2 months - stressful! - but her little one is due at the end of Feb & so far, so good!).

Come back & let us know how your OB appt goes!

-Sam

Old 12-29-2007, 10:20 PM

239 posts, read 1,140,885 times
So many pregnancies! I am 37 weeks pregnant with our 2nd, a boy. My son is 3 and soooo excited! I'm 42 and feel great! Well a bit tired these days and have to be careful what I eat...but otherwise, just great. Not all of the nerves from the first weeks and months are gone, but most of them. Hang in there for all those in the early days, it does go fast, and it does get better.

Happy and Healthy 9 months to all of you!

Old 12-29-2007, 10:35 PM

194 posts, read 1,028,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Skittle - I am glad that you insisted on u/s & were able to see your baby's hb and growth. Bleeding could simply be that you have placenta previa - a lot of my friends have had this throughout their pregnancies with just fine outcomes. One friend had PP at the beginning of her pregnancy and it resolved itself (she bled/spotted on/off for about 2 months - stressful! - but her little one is due at the end of Feb & so far, so good!).

Come back & let us know how your OB appt goes!

-Sam
I'm so scared right now. I think that the spotting and cramping is getting worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy