Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,985,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I know what you mean Suzy but I tracked down everything this time and we timed it perfectly. Alas, if only everything else go perfectly.
I catch myself trying to look for early signs of pregnancy and all. 31st Oct late night was the start date of my period. So, i guess in should reality, I should not check for HPT at least until 30th Nov. Lets see.
Yeah, there is no sense in wasting a bunch of money on HPTs right now. I'm in the same boat as you, almost exactly (same day 1). I haven't taken any tests yet. Actually, I haven't noticed a huge temperature shift, for that matter, so I have no idea what is going on. I just got a new thermometer and it's clearly more accurate than the one I used before. I wish I had been using this one from the beginning.

Are you charting temperatures? It really is interesting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 12:47 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Yeah, there is no sense in wasting a bunch of money on HPTs right now. I'm in the same boat as you, almost exactly (same day 1). I haven't taken any tests yet. Actually, I haven't noticed a huge temperature shift, for that matter, so I have no idea what is going on. I just got a new thermometer and it's clearly more accurate than the one I used before. I wish I had been using this one from the beginning.

Are you charting temperatures? It really is interesting...
Ya Nikita, I had been temping but havent been regular. What I have noticed is that, I am craving a lot of junk food since yesterday (mainly something salty and spicy). I am being careful not to get too excited. Timed the IC to make sure we do it from 8th to 14th everyday (missed a day in between). Lets see. Any special changes in you? When are you planning on taking HPT?

Old 11-18-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Ya Nikita, I had been temping but havent been regular. What I have noticed is that, I am craving a lot of junk food since yesterday (mainly something salty and spicy). I am being careful not to get too excited. Timed the IC to make sure we do it from 8th to 14th everyday (missed a day in between). Lets see. Any special changes in you? When are you planning on taking HPT?
I can't really tell if anything has changed for me right now. I joined a diet bet a month ago and it ends tomorrow. I need to lose 1.6 pounds and honestly, that's been the main thing on my mind because I want to win (and I don't want to become obsessive).

So, nothing of note so far. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? In that book she says 18 days of high temperatures is a pretty sure sign you are pregnant. I'll probably wait until I'm a few days late to take a test, so I guess that's another 14 days for me, at least. My cycles are kind of all over the place since I had my IUD removed, actually. I didn't expect that because I had the non-hormonal IUD.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
I can't really tell if anything has changed for me right now. I joined a diet bet a month ago and it ends tomorrow. I need to lose 1.6 pounds and honestly, that's been the main thing on my mind because I want to win (and I don't want to become obsessive).

So, nothing of note so far. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? In that book she says 18 days of high temperatures is a pretty sure sign you are pregnant. I'll probably wait until I'm a few days late to take a test, so I guess that's another 14 days for me, at least. My cycles are kind of all over the place since I had my IUD removed, actually. I didn't expect that because I had the non-hormonal IUD.
1.6 pounds doesnt sound like a lot. Its not even 1 KG. You will do it in no time, dont worry about it at all.
Even 2 days of eating salads/fruits straight would help you lose 1.6 pounds.

I think I am forgetting to take the early morning temperature. One day I do it and the next I dont. I am also reading the book. By the way, I had been trying for a baby since early this year. However, even my periods were all over the place. I was on Depo-Provera birth control shot. I took it only twice but its enough to cause problems for about a year. Its only since last 2 months they seem to be stabilizing. They are still not 28 days or maybe its too early to tell that.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
1.6 pounds doesnt sound like a lot. Its not even 1 KG. You will do it in no time, dont worry about it at all.
Even 2 days of eating salads/fruits straight would help you lose 1.6 pounds.

I think I am forgetting to take the early morning temperature. One day I do it and the next I dont. I am also reading the book. By the way, I had been trying for a baby since early this year. However, even my periods were all over the place. I was on Depo-Provera birth control shot. I took it only twice but its enough to cause problems for about a year. Its only since last 2 months they seem to be stabilizing. They are still not 28 days or maybe its too early to tell that.
Oh man, that depo stuff sure can mess you up. I used that when I was younger (in college) and I got so fat. I've never really lost the weight I gained, either. That stuff is evil, IMO, I'll never use it again.

As for cycle length, I was right around 28 days when I had the IUD, but when I'm just "regular me" they tend to be longer, in the 30 to 33 days range. You may not naturally be 28 days, which is just fine.

For temping, I leave the thermometer on my nightstand, so I always see it right away. If it wasn't there I'd never remember. You could even set an alarm on your phone. I'm using an app on my phone (Ovuview) to track everything. Without that, it would never get done.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:26 AM

Tell me about it! Actually Depo was partially my mistake too. The reason why I say aprtially is because my doctor never warned me that it could take up to a year again to fall pregnant before administering the shot. I should have done some research myself. Anyway, its too late now.
I will keep the thermometer right beside the bed, let me see if that would help.

Actually this would be my second pregnancy. I have a daughter who will be 3 in Dec. I am from a conservative family and everyone of the so-called well-wishers say, "Its high time beti (daughter), you must have a second one NOW". Like its going to happen as soon as you wish.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:01 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I always could tell when I ovulated because I had mittelschmerz and egg white like mucus and wanted to have sex. I always knew.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:59 PM

420 posts, read 704,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I always could tell when I ovulated because I had mittelschmerz and egg white like mucus and wanted to have sex. I always knew.
Yeah, funny enough, cervical mucus is how I was able to tell I was ovulating, and how I suspected I was pregnant.

For ovulation we were on a trip in Europe, and I did not have any ovulation kits nor was I temping. I did check my mucus, and when it was the eggiest whitiest we had sex for several days afterwards, lol.

Then, after we got home, and days were going by, I noticed the CM was not doing it's regular thing of drying up before my period starts. One night, when the CM was a crazy amount and lotion-like I tested, and sure enough got my positive.

I don't think CM is reliable for everyone, but it was a good indicator for me.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:19 AM

Ya, for some cervical mucus is enough to when they are ovulating and when they are pregnant.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Oh man, that depo stuff sure can mess you up. I used that when I was younger (in college) and I got so fat. I've never really lost the weight I gained, either. That stuff is evil, IMO, I'll never use it again.

As for cycle length, I was right around 28 days when I had the IUD, but when I'm just "regular me" they tend to be longer, in the 30 to 33 days range. You may not naturally be 28 days, which is just fine.

For temping, I leave the thermometer on my nightstand, so I always see it right away. If it wasn't there I'd never remember. You could even set an alarm on your phone. I'm using an app on my phone (Ovuview) to track everything. Without that, it would never get done.
So I have temping on and off and since I met you here, every day. The temperature rise did agree and is usually between 97.8 to 98.3 (it's more than my normal).
Last Friday I had very bad cramps and thought I was gonna get my period but didn't. Following morning (yesterday) the temperature dropped and today it's back up again. Could it be implantation? The cramps and the temperature dip happened about 8 days after when I think I ovulated (based on some tracking app/ mucus eft).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy