Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 12:35 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
you here about people going into labour on a train or somewhere miles away from a hospital , just wondering were you went into labour?
Didn't really go into labor officially. I was induced. But I did have (really) minor labor pains for days and was already dialated by the time I checked in for my induction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 12:40 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
That was my worry..that it would hit me like a truck......but truckloads of pitocin did nothing....not exactly upset from what I hear can happen.
Pitocin, for me, was a nightmare. I had a friend at the time also pregnant with her first, as I was. She went into labor naturally and gave birth with no drugs at all. I ended up with an epidural and she didn't get that...until her second child when she was given Pitocin and then understood why I pleaded for an epi.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Labour started at home for me, but I went to sauna and the contractions died down, labour then started back up again while I was in a meeting later that morning, managed to finish the meeting before the pain got too bad.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:09 PM

53 posts, read 56,303 times
I was in a community college classroom when labor started. It lasted so long that my mother had enough time to get to the hospital for the big event. When I didn't show up for class the next day, the teacher knew why.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,574,140 times
At home at around 2 AM in the morning. Started with a lower back pain and then slowly it started radiating all around my belly. 12 hours of labor and when finally I was ready to give birth, I ended up having a C-section as the baby's heartrate has slowed down and she was stressed and would not come out.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:40 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
I was induced 5 days after my due date. I thought the contractions were awful, but since it was my first and only, I don't know if it was because of the Pitocin, or just because.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:30 AM

4,992 posts, read 5,289,884 times
Baby #1 - Contractions started in evening before bed time, but didn't get regular until next day. Water broke around 5 pm and headed to hospital. Baby born three days late at 7:30 am after two pushes.
Baby #2 - Contractions started around 2 am. Called doctor and they stopped a few hours later. Next day, contractions started at 2 am again. Made it to hospital this time. Baby born two days late at 10 am with five minutes of pushing.
Baby #3 - Around 2 am on due date, rolled over in bed, my stomach sloshed. Rolled again and it sloshed again. Got up to check and thought my water had possibly broken, but wasn't 100% positive. Went to hospital and nurse confirmed my water had broken. Only had one contraction a few hours later. They don't allow you to go past 24 hours after water breaking before baby is delivered so they started Pitocin. Baby's head was in weird position so it took several hours and vacuum to get her out. She was born at 5:30 pm on her due date.

I had epidurals with all three.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:05 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,755,798 times
#1 - After a week on bed rest for high BP, my midwife poked around up there and got things started. I woke up at 3:30 am with contractions. Woke everyone else up around 5:00 am. Went to birthing center. Baby came at 11:48 am. I went into labor at home.

#2 - Spent a whole day trying to get labor started without introducing Pitocin. Sent home in the afternoon. Went outside and pushed my toddler on the swing, saw a weed in the bark and squatted down to pull it and my water broke. Went to the birthing clinic at 6:00 pm. Baby came at 12:00 midnight. I went into labor at home.

#3 - Midwife poked around in the morning. Went home and picked up my mom and two children. Went shopping most of the day. Had contractions the whole time, but nothing serious. Went back to mom's house and had dinner, played games, realized I was squatting slightly with each easy contraction, went to birthing center around 10:00 pm. Baby came at 3:26 am. I went into labor at my parent's house.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
I was induced all three times. I don't know what it's like to break my water in a grocery store, rush to the hospital, etc. (Good thing, because my third child was born in 15 minutes.)

Old 11-30-2014, 03:46 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,793 times
My water broke at home with both boys. With the first, I was sleeping but made it to the bathroom in time. With the second, I was in the bath tub. I didn't realize I was having contractions, just thought I had a stomach ache. He was born 21 minutes after I arrived at the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy