Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:59 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,934,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Read again.

They aren't deciding whether or not to have a child.

Not sure if you're just being obtuse, but I'll take your comment at face value. It's still a discussion about a man, his wife, and his concerns regarding her ability to carry a baby in good health. In other words, it's still a topic appropriate for the relationships forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 08:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,699,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

It's still a discussion about a man, his wife, and his concerns regarding her ability to carry a baby in good health. In other words, it's still a topic appropriate for the relationships forum.
Lol are you two biddys done bickering?

Old 02-21-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Lol are you two biddys done bickering?
She started it!

Old 02-21-2015, 08:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,699,580 times
Quote:
She started it!
Well I'm finishing it.lol!

To your rooms!

Now op both you work out watch tlc birthing mothers and read doctors brochures on info.

And women get pregnant fast with girl on top.:P

Old 02-21-2015, 08:08 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,613,835 times
Quote:
She started it!
Yeah, keep smacking your head at me. I know what else I know about you, dude.

Don't back-pedal. He isn't trying to decide IF they want a baby. We already know they do. But all his questions are (supposedly) about her health, so WHY this forum?

LIKE MOST PEOPLE WHO POST QUESTIONS HERE, first he needs to be honest with himself. Then he needs a reality check.

Unfortunately, there is no magic sentence to get her to lose weight and get healthy. He can and could have a discussion with her about HIS concerns, but if she is not worried about her weight, he cannot manage it for her.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
That sounds like a threat. Now follow through.

Quote:
Don't back-pedal. He isn't trying to decide IF they want a baby. We already know they do. But all his questions are (supposedly) about her health, so WHY this forum?
Because how a couple addresses questions of health IS in and of itself a relationships issue.

Quote:

LIKE MOST PEOPLE WHO POST QUESTIONS HERE, first he needs to be honest with himself. Then he needs a reality check.

Unfortunately, there is no magic sentence to get her to lose weight and get healthy. He can and could have a discussion with her about HIS concerns, but if she is not worried about her weight, he cannot manage it for her.
I do agree he needs to be honest with himself. Nor do I think there is some magical phrase he can say to change her mind. But I do think there are steps he can take to encourage a change in her pattern of behavior and lead to improvements.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:15 PM

11 posts, read 15,421 times
Quote:

My questions are about how to have the conversation not about what part of her health to be concerned about.

I see it as a relationship issue instead of a health issue

Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,343,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYGuy89 View Post
My questions are about how to have the conversation not about what part of her health to be concerned about.

You start out by saying: honey, I'm on board with us having children. Nothing will make me happier but I am a bit concerned about the health implications. And then you go on making your point(s)..... She is your wife so I'm sure she understands that you want her at her best especially when it comes to conceiving etc.

I understand it's a sensitive topic but nevertheless it is a concern of yours and should be brought to light.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:21 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,307,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Lol this is beyond ridiculous. I hope youre joking.
Ridiculous how? Obese people use ALOT more energy than skinny people. You're telling me she's not going to get bigger over 9 months??

Old 02-21-2015, 08:23 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,613,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYGuy89 View Post

I would tell her your specific health concerns related to pregnancy and afterward. The most concerning issues aren't related to her size or appearance but her blood pressure etc. Ask her if her doctor has mentioned any of those and if SHE is worried about it.

I would spend more time asking questions than anything else right now.

The fact that she often asks you whether she looks fat is concerning, though. It's not as if she isn't already sensitive about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy