Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 06:45 AM

468 posts, read 483,659 times

Advertisements

Sorry if anything in this post is TMI,
Sexually I only have one guy that is my husband, so excuse me for my ignorance in sex. I’m newlywed so I’m still new into this whole BCP thing. I got married on February 6th

Appreciated if the question in Bold below can be answer, thank you.
May I ask. Is anyone here who are on BCP or are expert on Birth control pills. I have a few questions. What are the chances of get pregnant while on BCP? Not likely right? Because BCP is 99% effective if taking correctly right? And did anyone get breakthrough bleeding like I get?

I guess I want to talk about BCP, anyone who know alot about BCP, please share your experience.
And if anyone here who have alot of experience in birth control. Beside BCP, are there any other birth control out there is more effective? Like most effective birth control with least side effects. Please let me know, thank you.
I heard about the arm implant thing, it is better than BCP? Does it have any side effects like the BCP did?

I took all my pills on time, exactly on the same time everyday. I never miss one pills, so I know I’m 99% safe. I am also NOT on any Antibiotics so it not messing up my BCP... Last month I got my period five days late, it turn out to come late, a 'breakthrough bleeding'. Heard this is normal for those who new to BCP as their body still adjust to the BCP

And this month, it is the 17th of April and I still have not get my period yet. That means I am 2 WEEKS late. I am way passed my placebo pills. Now this is kindda scary because I never been this late before in my life. Despite being 2 weeks late, I still take my pills on time everyday.

I’m 30 and husband is 29, and we married. My husband really really want a baby, he have baby fever. If unplanned pregnancy happen, then we will keep baby at all cost. We both against abortion, we both love babies.
But at my age 30, I’m not young anymore. Just three months into marriage and get pregnant, it not easy right? People tell me that the older you are the harder to get pregnant.

Anyone here that is not on Antibiotics, take their BCP on time and accidently got pregnant? Uh.. this is like playing the lottery. Husband told me to take the pregnacy test.
And he already kiss my stomach. He say when I'm pregnant, he want to kiss my stomach Everyday for 9 Months until the baby born. I can already tell he going to spoil the baby rotten!!

We been through alot of hardship to be together. From my abusive Chinese mother disapproval of him to our huge cultural difference.
I do want a baby, but not now. I want more of ‘us’ two people time alone together as a couple before we have a baby. I hope I'm not being too selfish. Am I too selfish?

He been working 12-14 hours everyday so we can have enough money to buy a house as fast as we can. I don't have as much time alone with him now compared to the time when we were dating. When we dating he have 1 job, now we married he have 2 jobs.
I want to spend more time with him as two of us before bring in a baby, is that too selfish of me?
We have plan to have a baby in 2016 when we buy our own house. Right now we rent in a bad area neighborhood, and it not a very good idea to raise a newborn baby here.

Sorry for my bad English grammars, English is my third language.

Last edited by ishe; 04-18-2015 at 06:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 06:48 AM

468 posts, read 483,659 times
This whole week, I been having pregnancy scare. Like I said above, I’m on BCP and I’m 2 weeks late on my period.
I told my husband that I can’t be pregnant because I took the BCP everyday exactly on time. When you taking BCP correctly, you not ovulating an egg, so the chances of get pregnant is slim.
And we only 3rd month into our marriage so my body still trying to adjust to the BCP; it probably just late again, breakthrough bleeing; heard this is normal when you new to BCP

My husband want a baby so he happy that I’m late, lol
He be THRILLED if I’m pregnant. Yestedady when he left to work, he already kiss my stomach. He told me take the pregnancy test and when I’m pregnant, he will kiss my stomach EVERYDAY for 9 Months until the baby born.

But uh.. he making his Chinese wife feel awkward. Kissing my stomach for 9 Months everyday until the baby born, is too much affections. He is a doting husband alright, but he going to suffocate his wife and the baby.
I have an abusive mother in my childhood, and I grow up in a very cold family with no affections. So now getting alot affections from my husband, I'm just awkward and overwhelmed.

I can already tell that he going to be the Dad that will spoil his kids rotten!!
I was raise in a strict traditional Chinese family, so I know I will be very strict to my kids. And him, he the Dad that will spoil his kids. The kids will always run to daddy daddy for everything because daddy spoil them rotten. Arg!!
Before we TTC, I think we need another talk on how we going to raise kids. We have the talk before, he said it himself that he will spoil his children.

I know he patience and he is a doting husband. He let me have things my way so I can be happy. But now to the kids issue, I don’t think he going to let me have it all my way. But uh.. we probably have cultural clashes on the ways we going to raise our children.

Anyone here have parenting experience. How to deal with if mommy is very strict to the kids, and daddy just too spoil them and give them everything they want. Seem like me and my husband need to have another talk regarding how we going to raise our future kids.

Last edited by ishe; 04-18-2015 at 07:00 AM..

Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Your Physician is the only one who can answer your questions and if you are having issues with the Birth Control Pills you are currently taking you need to make an appointment with your Phyician and discuss the issues.
Then you and your Physician can decide what step to take next.

You really should keep a lot of the personal, detailed, intimate details of your life that you post off of the internet and seek help from those who are qualified to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy