Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 PM

26 posts, read 34,279 times

Advertisements

If she has healthy pregnancy it is fine to travel. Anyway check with doctor once ask for any precautions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 06:09 PM

109 posts, read 141,863 times
A little late on this thread, but I had to travel at 6 weeks pregnant and my doctor had us stop every two hours so I could walk around for about 10 minutes each time. Healthy pregnancy (so far), but the road trip was 13 hours straight through and he was worried about blood clots.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:55 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Yep, my OBGYN's caveat for a day-long or more road trip was to make sure to stop and stretch every couple of hours, and to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:28 AM

1,939 posts, read 2,162,857 times
Well, I wouldn't exactly advise this, but I went a couple hours out of town the week I was due. My son was captain of the Varsity cross country team, he was a senior, it was the state championship...I was NOT missing it. Fortunately, one of my friends is an L&D nurse. She finished an all night shift, hopped in my car with her bag of tricks and came to the meet with us. Also, 3 dads on the team are doctors and were all there. There was an excellent hospital nearby, my file ready to fax over, and my doctor knew what I was doing. It was totally worth it to see my boy cross the finish line first for our team.

Fortunately, it was uneventful on the baby front. It's a good thing too because I had the baby a few days later and it was BAM! We went to the hospital and called the kids about 30 minutes later to come and meet their brother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy