Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 12:33 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,493,214 times

Advertisements

Congratulations!

My best advice is to make plans but realize your baby may have other ideas

I agree that more specific questions will garner more helpful responses! For example, I could write a book on breastfeeding-- I had some big obstacles with #1, #2 was a dream nurser, and #3 was somewhere between. I put up with a lot to be able to nurse my first, but it was a huge priority of mine and it was worth it to me. Do you have specific questions around that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 06:00 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,833,471 times
Expectant father here and my wife is due soon. The most important piece of advice I can give is that almost all the advice you receive will be unwelcome, unsolicited, and patently false. There will be people that make it their duty to make sure you feel the full wrath of their judgment on every decision you make. Ignore them. You are the parent, do what is right for you and your family.

Old 04-19-2016, 11:46 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,386,110 times
1. Rest. Whenever you can.

2. Avoid negativity. Tune it out when it presents itself, and avoid people who are constant sources of it. Unnecessary stress in a pregnancy should be avoided like the plague.

3. Find a support network, whether other expectant parents, educators at your medical center/birthing center, online groups, whatever.

4. Be flexible. I had my first in September of last year, and I hoped for a natural, unassisted childbirth experience, vaginal delivery with standard labor, the whole deal. Went to all the birthing classes with my husband, etc. Then my son positioned himself breech, with very little room to move. I have a uterine anomaly that made a breech birth without c-section very dangerous, so a C-section was scheduled, and I had a hard time making peace with that. I really, really did not want a C-section. Then, in week 37, against all odds and my OBGYN's prediction, he flipped, so scheduled C-section was cancelled. I was thrilled. Then I went for my weekly checkup one week before he was due, was diagnosed on the spot with preeclampsia, and induced that night. You really never know what's going to happen, so be ready to roll with it.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:46 PM

308 posts, read 266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayelle77 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant and my husband and I are so excited to meet our little one! We were trying to conceive for 7 months before this so it's nothing but great news. Of course, we're first time parents... so I would love to receive all the advice you have to offer!
One thing I wished I had done for my wife was to pack us a backpack with a least a change of clothes each and some toiletries. The plan was to do it about 2 weeks out from the expected due date but our little one decided to come a month early! So yeah, put together a little "care package" for the both of you (just enough for at least an overnight stay, and more if you like) and leave it ready to go (perhaps in the car) so that if your little one decides to great the world early, you'll have what you need. In my case, I had to drive back and forth a lot rather than be able to spend more time with my wife and newborn.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:14 AM

56 posts, read 34,167 times
Congratulations!

As you are going to become the first-time mom you need to take of yourself as well as your children in a good manner. Take proper diet and protein powder as prescribes by your doctor. Try to get a good sleep at night because at the time of pregnancy woman face difficulty in getting sleep and it also happens they used to spend many sleepless nights. So, for this, you can use pregnancy pillow.

Last edited by TraciFGay; 06-22-2016 at 01:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy