Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:45 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

Pregnancy dreams are so weird and intense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 11:24 AM

420 posts, read 704,105 times
Hello, I will tell you my experience: I am currently almost 10 weeks pregnant. On my last pregnancy and this one I opted to have a private ultrasound to listen to the heartbeat. With my daughter I was 6w2d when we heard her heartbeat.

With the one I am currently carrying I had gone in for some lab work at around 5 weeks. It did not double the way it was supposed to after 48 hours (although the HcG was over 6k) so they scheduled me for an early ultrasound. When I went in for the u/s my doctor estimated me at exactly 6 weeks, and all we could see was the sac and yolk. My doctor *thought* she saw a fetal pole, but was unsure. She was unconcerned about my HcG levels. She said they actually look for a 66% increase. She was more interested in my progesterone levels, and since my progesterone was beyond the limit for first trimester (>60) she was not worried overall, but she did tell me to be "cautiously optimistic".

So she scheduled me for another ultrasound at 8 weeks, which would have been 3 weeks later. Yeah, there is no way in hell I would have been able to wait that long. So I scheduled for a private U/S, which cost about $75 (Ohio). We were able to see the fetal pole, and I was estimated as 7w1d by then.

At 8 weeks u/s with my doctor the fetal pole was 179 bpm.

Now I am playing the waiting game again, for my next appt which will be at 12 weeks. My anxiety is through the roof. I try to keep busy, and realize that if something does happen, there really is nothing I can do about it. But I think everyday on whether or not I should buy my own heart doppler. So far I have not bought one (and my doctor discourages them) but I consider it every. Single. Day.

If you are interested you can do a google search for private ultrasounds in your city. They usually have a package where you can listen to the heartbeat. I have already decided if they are unable to tell us the gender at my 12 week NT scan then I will probably go in for a private one again. We are pretty excited to know the gender.

Last edited by Pansori; 01-15-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 03:03 AM

5 posts, read 45,095 times
The doctor called me yesterday with the results. Hcg is at 49 now, which he is happy with. He said it's definitely possible that I'm at 3-4 weeks, not 5. I'm going back Tuesday for another blood test and if the numbers are still going up I think that's the point where I'll be scheduling an ultrasound. He said that right now an ultrasound wouldn't show anything, it's just too soon. I'm really excited but trying not to get my hopes up since I'm still in the "danger zone". I don't think I'll be able to relax til I see a heartbeat and then reach the 15 week mark. But at least things seem to be heading in the right direction

homeonthelittlemountain & TabulaRasa- Thank you for the kind words You are so right about how intense the dreams are! The past few nights have been so bizarre. Did you both wake up frequently throughout the night too?

Pansori - Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing your experience! That sounds really nerve-wracking. But so far it sounds like things are heading in the right direction I didn't know you could get a private ultrasound, thank you for the tip. That is great to know! I'm hoping I'll be far enough along to have an ultrasound in 2-3 weeks, but if I can't get in before that I will definitely look into a private one. I am so with you on not being able to wait, it is excruciating! Are you hoping for a boy or a girl?[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 01-16-2017, 05:57 AM

420 posts, read 704,105 times
Private ultrasounds are popular because they offer the 3-D pics. I did the 3D with my daughter, and may do it for this one as well since I have a coupon.
Usually the doctor does ultrasounds at 8 week, anything before that is hit or miss on seeing the fetal pole (although it's usually good to go by 7 weeks). Congratulations, wow, you found out you were pregnant quite early!
And we can go either way on the sex. We are just happy to be expecting another (and hopefully our last).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy