Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 09:56 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,814,379 times

Advertisements

Once the baby is born, let her know she has a choice to voluntarily DNA test or have you take her through the legal process (where the affair will come out).

The main reason you can't just "let it go" is it isn't moral or smart.
She can come after you for back child support.
You could find yourself a daddy when the kid is 10 if she is inclined.
You will always wonder

Get the DNA test and if you are the bio father, decide how you want to go from there. It is the only moral and safe thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 09:57 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,814,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
These are not the attributes of someone who'll make "a great partner".
Not only have I never cheated on a gf or wife, I've never knowingly had sex with another guys girl.
It doesn't matter how good the sex might be, one night of passion is not worth what you're now going through.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but a cheater is a cheater. If they do it with you they'll do it to you.
This is very true!

Old 02-25-2017, 11:19 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,263,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Yeah, until she changes her mind down the road, and decides to try to sue him for back child support.

Her bf also has the right to know whether or not the child is his, as well.

There's a word for women who have a kid but can't name without a shadow of a doubt who the father is.
And it's not too far removed from various words describing guys who have unprotected sex with women already in sexual relationships with other people.

Old 02-26-2017, 04:14 PM

912 posts, read 1,277,213 times
Leaving this here as a point of reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putative_father_registry

Old 03-05-2017, 12:27 AM

15 posts, read 25,832 times
Don't worry, I'm quite aware of my rather low moral decision here. I'm as much to blame here as she is that this (potential) situation exists.

Who knows, it is likely not to be mine as much as it is. Pity about the doubt though. Ah well

Old 04-29-2017, 07:26 PM

35,512 posts, read 17,684,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
EXACTLY. My cycle has always been 3 weeks, so that makes my ovulation one week ahead. All of my babies came at least a week early.

And the pill/missing a pill definitely screws it up too.

I hate it when guys think they 'know' women!!! lol
He doesn't state how the due date was determined, but if it was determined with an early ultrasound, it doesn't matter what the woman's cycle is like. Of if she was on the pill/missed taking it, etc.

An ultrasound dates the embryo, and if it's done on or around 8 weeks of gestation it's extremely accurate.

So - if this pregnancy was dated by ultrasound, she got pregnant around Dec. 4. Regardless of her cycle patterns.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:22 AM

3,857 posts, read 3,112,824 times
From what I have learned about how a woman becomes pregnant, the dominating sperm, her boyfriends, would over power your sperm. So the likely hood is slim that it is yours.

Also, it is her choice to keep it or not. It was a bad move on both of your parts to play with fire. F spur of the moment, adults should have control, and I am sure most adults know the consequences, but never learn.

I can't really side with you , for messing with an attached woman. there are so many women out there, but you had to have sex with an attached woman. You do realize getting involved with a cheating woman only brings bad karma.

She does not want to change her current status with her BF, and you are not in her future. Do you think she is willing to have your child, and continue to be with her boyfriend?

Let it go, learn from your mistakes. Learning from your mistakes makes you a wiser person.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:46 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,263,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
From what I have learned about how a woman becomes pregnant, the dominating sperm, her boyfriends, would over power your sperm. So the likely hood is slim that it is yours.
Er, out of curiosity, where exactly did your lessons on reproduction originate?

Old 04-30-2017, 09:45 AM

5,124 posts, read 4,445,350 times
She's clearly choosing to stay with her boyfriend. Leave her alone and do not ask for a paternity test.

The two of you made a mistake--and hopefully have learned an important lesson from it. There's no sense in creating a lot of drama and pain about it at this point. Keep your mouth shut to everyone about this.

If your mistake comes to bite you in the rear in the future (in the form of a positive paternity test), you can deal with it then. In the meantime, stay out of their lives and move on with yours.

Old 05-02-2017, 01:31 AM

15 posts, read 25,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He doesn't state how the due date was determined, but if it was determined with an early ultrasound, it doesn't matter what the woman's cycle is like. Of if she was on the pill/missed taking it, etc.

An ultrasound dates the embryo, and if it's done on or around 8 weeks of gestation it's extremely accurate.

So - if this pregnancy was dated by ultrasound, she got pregnant around Dec. 4. Regardless of her cycle patterns.

Yes dates are all through the ultrasounds from 8 weeks on and there has been no changes. She is like 23 weeks now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy