U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 09:32 AM

1,975 posts, read 2,180,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
I call BS on this.

She would have had her period in November, ovulated around December 4. Tested towards the end of December...making her around 4wks, give or take. There's NO way she was 10 weeks OR that hcg test put her there either. NO way.
Her EDD would be July for LMP in November.

I'm a mom, thus been pregnant, so that's my "expert" opinion.
I was thinking the same thing, the time/dates don't match up if we are basing it on a 28 day cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 12:26 PM

15 posts, read 15,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I was thinking the same thing, the time/dates don't match up if we are basing it on a 28 day cycle.
Times don't match for what?

Old 08-15-2017, 05:03 PM

1,975 posts, read 2,180,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdan5 View Post
Times don't match for what?

You need to google ovulation cycles, we aren't going to spell it out for you. Use condoms.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:42 PM

1,695 posts, read 760,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdan5 View Post
So here's the story, slightly long winded but it's completely playing on my mind.

A few days later she told me she was given an estimated due date of August 30.
Any help or advice would be good.

Three months from August 30th is November 30th. Still before your get together. With all of this round about guessing between what she says, what she thinks, and what they suppose. . . . Obviously she's still in touch with you to tell you all this. If I were you, put your mind at rest and don't worry. If she can't say exactly who the father is then she's not pinning it on you. If you have to know, get a paternity test done when the baby is born.

If I were you I'd also talk to the boyfriend and see if what she's telling you is what he's being told. All you have to start out with is 'Congratulations, I hear you'll be a new father!' 'So. When is the baby due?' 'Excited?' 'So how does she feel?' 'Been shopping yet?' 'What does the doctor say?' In other words, very easy to get the answer you want without stepping on toes. And if he's willing to stick with her through all this then if I were you I'd bow out gracefully and let them be. She sounds like she's hedging her bets on which guy is the better catch.

Talk about playing with your mind. I wonder if she does this with everything else in her life? String someone along and play nice and then wham. Be glad you aren't her boyfriend. She sounds awful.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:44 PM

Might want to check for any STD's, too. If she's having unprotected sex with multiple partners. . . Yeah. Get checked out.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
EXACTLY. My cycle has always been 3 weeks, so that makes my ovulation one week ahead. All of my babies came at least a week early.

And the pill/missing a pill definitely screws it up too.

I hate it when guys think they 'know' women!!! lol

But the cycle you have probably isn't what she has. Pregnancy happens 2 weeks after the first day of each cycle. But as the doctor told her the due date -- Simple math -- Pregnancy is 9 months give or take. Again, each pregnancy and person is different. Many go late, too. That's why we have GYN's to figure all that out.

Her age isn't mentioned. Some older women have a harder time getting pregnant, especially if they've been on the pill.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:17 AM

232 posts, read 99,652 times
If the OP had sex with her 12/4/16 and she was given a due date of 8/30/17, based on early ultrasound, which are generally considered accurate within a week... Then she would have ovulated three days after having sex with the OP.

8/30/2017 minus 266 days = ovulation on 12/7/2016.

That's well within the fertile window.

Ovulation happens two weeks *before* the first day of the next cycle (12-16 days is considered normal range). Not necessarily two weeks *after* the start of the previous cycle.

On average, pregnancy is 38 weeks or 266 days from date of ovulation to due date. Dr's use 40 weeks because many women don't track ovulation and only have their LMP to go by.

Old Today, 03:21 AM

14 posts
She could have had sex with both of you guys on the same day. Just saying. Did you ever find out if it was yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or