Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:01 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Just wanted to give another update. Per my last updated, I went to my appointment and spoke to doctor. Up on mentioning that we have been having unprotected sex for over 2 years with no pregnancy, the doctor stated we meet the technical definition of infertility. She gave me several lab work prescription: sperm count for hubby, 3rd day period blood work, and some scan. She also told me to use ovulation kit to track my ovulation. I scheduled to see her in 2 months.

I assumed the first month I will spent figuring out how to use ovulation kit and 2nd month we will time at right. It has been less than a month & I missed my period last week. I took home pregnancy test and it came out positive. I guess making that initiative to take care of this issue, naturally took care of it. I still need to get verification from doctor
Great news! Keep everyone updated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 12:23 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,196 times
I went to visit the OB/GYN I choose earlier based on her experience with infertility. The nurse took urine sample & measured my blood pressure (the 2nd number was bit too high). The doctor then took me to ultrason room. I was surprise because from what I read, ultrason is not done until 8 weeks. I would have been 6 week 2 days based on my calculation. Unfortunately she saw gestational sac but no yolk sac. She told me there are many possibilities such as my days are off by a week or it could be ectopic pregnancy or some other negative thing.

She pointed out that I should be happy that I was able to get pregnant, that is a good sign even if this doesn't turn out perfect. I have a follow up ultrason in a week and half. I been reading like crazy online and trying to figure out if it means anything. I read lot of positive news from ladies who didn't see any yolk sac at 6 weeks but saw it in follow up appointment but I saw read several where the baby stopped growing. I don't know. Part of my prays to god to allow this baby to grow healthy and another part of me says "I will accept whatever decision god has for me because everything happens for a reason". Really trying to stay calm and neutral until next week but the days don't seem to be moving forward much

P.S. I still don't know if I like this OBGYN. She is very rough when she did vaginal ultrason and it was quick & she was bit on negative side. I am not sure

Old 07-03-2017, 01:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Vaginal ultrasounds are rarely going to be comfortable. Just saying.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:13 PM

update #3 I went for my follow up appointment with the doctor. Based on my last menstrual period (LMP) I should have been exactly 8 weeks. I was worried but also a little bit confident since I had no bleeding or spotting & I also took vacation last weekend, so I am bit relaxed. Whatever life brings.

Again ultrasound was done. She saw a yolk sac , maybe 2 yolk sac:O. It wasn't clear. so we had vaginal ultrasounds (I hate those) and it was same.. yolk sac no heart beat. The good news is, I am pregnant for real. There is a yolk sac. Its not an ectopic or empty pregnancy as I was worried. Bad news is, we expected much more for 8 weeks pregnancy. So either my dates are off by 1-2 weeks, maybe I ovulated much later. My husband is sure this pregnancy is from the time we had sex less than a week before my expected period. He said he felt something different in me & that had to be the one. Maybe, I will be happy if its because of dates being wrong. There is still possibility there is something wrong and baby is not progressing as expected. So we wait another 2 weeks for another round of U/s. Keep us in your prayers

Old 07-14-2017, 05:56 PM

772 posts, read 1,060,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
update #3 I went for my follow up appointment with the doctor. Based on my last menstrual period (LMP) I should have been exactly 8 weeks. I was worried but also a little bit confident since I had no bleeding or spotting & I also took vacation last weekend, so I am bit relaxed. Whatever life brings.

Again ultrasound was done. She saw a yolk sac , maybe 2 yolk sac:O. It wasn't clear. so we had vaginal ultrasounds (I hate those) and it was same.. yolk sac no heart beat. The good news is, I am pregnant for real. There is a yolk sac. Its not an ectopic or empty pregnancy as I was worried. Bad news is, we expected much more for 8 weeks pregnancy. So either my dates are off by 1-2 weeks, maybe I ovulated much later. My husband is sure this pregnancy is from the time we had sex less than a week before my expected period. He said he felt something different in me & that had to be the one. Maybe, I will be happy if its because of dates being wrong. There is still possibility there is something wrong and baby is not progressing as expected. So we wait another 2 weeks for another round of U/s. Keep us in your prayers
Sending some prayers your way!

Old 07-20-2017, 09:25 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
Sometimes even with the best tracking our dates can be off. I didnt ovulate until cycle day 25 this cycle!! IF i get a + test, theyll assume my dates are by the standard 28d cycle and theyll have me farther along.

I would go by your ultrasound and know that FOR NOW, FOR TODAY, you ARE pregnant!

Old 07-28-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Sometimes even with the best tracking our dates can be off. I didnt ovulate until cycle day 25 this cycle!! IF i get a + test, theyll assume my dates are by the standard 28d cycle and theyll have me farther along.

I would go by your ultrasound and know that FOR NOW, FOR TODAY, you ARE pregnant!
You don't know how many times I have repeated that line you typed in bold to myself this week. I wasn't so worried after my last u/s when an yolk sac was seen but no heartbeat. I found out yesterday the doctor measured me at ~6 weeks during my last visit. Which made sense and I was feeling bit relaxed that it is my date being off. I went to doctor office yesterday with bit more confidence, thinking about how pregnancy survive warzone area and if its meant to be my baby will survive the luxury life of u/s every 2 weeks.

The doctor wasn't there, so a technician did my ultrasound. She didn't see much and measured me at 5weeks 4days (way off, I found out I was pregnant almost 6 weeks ago). Still no heart rate. Another doctor on duty explained to me, they are concern but don't have definitely answer yet. That Ultrasound alone can't give clear picture and HCG count alone can't give clear picture. But both together they will have information they need. So she gave me prescription for 2 blood work to measure HCG. I have another appointment next week. I feel overwhelmed by all these appointments and U/S. Maybe ignorance is bliss. I have not bleed at all but now that I know the probability is against us, I been feeling paint in hip, lower back, belly. It just moves around, I don't know if its mental or pain for real. I feel like in one day I gave up and every time I use the bathroom I am expecting blood. I really shouldn't, its not over until its over. That is when I keep reminding OHKY's quote of "FOR NOW, FOR TODAY, you are pregnant". I even stopped praying for my babies health for a week, instead I have been asking god to give me whats best. Reconfirming my believe that everything happens for best. It is like I somehow knew things are going down hill or maybe I just gave up. I need to be positive and focus on NOW.

Thank you for that line and that perspective & reminder

Old 08-02-2017, 01:24 PM

update #4 Got the confirmation today. HCG count is dropping as well. It is over, just waiting for me to start bleeding which hasn't happened yet. I feel a sense of relief for finally knowing instead of last month of wait 2 more weeks and lets see. I am sad because I couldn't protect my baby & after 2 months, god decided its not my time yet. I am happy that I had a chance to experience this, however short it might have been. And I am happy now we know, we are capable of getting pregnant & we don't need to start infertility treatment. I am sad I never shared this news with my mother & she never got to enjoy the good news. I think I will still tell her but it will be sad news I am giving. She needs to know what is going on in my life.

Thank you everyone for your support. I started this thread looking for a good OB & it turned into something else along the way.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I am sorry. For what it's worth, this sort of thing isn't uncommon, but it obviously doesn't make it any easier. I am sorry for your loss...it is a hard outcome to deal with. It doesn't mean that future preganancies won't be viable, so best of wishes looking forward, and be gentle with yourself.

It really doesn't have anything to do with you not being able to protect your baby...not all fertilization moves forward with cell and embryonic/fetal development. Many times, it happens, and things are over before the woman even knows there was even a fertilization, they just interpret it as a late/heavy period. There is a lot that can be off at a cellular level, and it's not an area where you should be blaming yourself. It happens when, for whatever of many reasons, things are just not viable.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:53 PM

772 posts, read 1,060,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I am sorry. For what it's worth, this sort of thing isn't uncommon, but it obviously doesn't make it any easier. I am sorry for your loss...it is a hard outcome to deal with. It doesn't mean that future preganancies won't be viable, so best of wishes looking forward, and be gentle with yourself.

It really doesn't have anything to do with you not being able to protect your baby...not all fertilization moves forward with cell and embryonic/fetal development. Many times, it happens, and things are over before the woman even knows there was even a fertilization, they just interpret it as a late/heavy period. There is a lot that can be off at a cellular level, and it's not an area where you should be blaming yourself. It happens when, for whatever of many reasons, things are just not viable.
+1
OP - so sorry. Be gentle with yourself. I'm pretty sure there was nothing you could have done to change the outcome. Last summer, I got a +ve pregnancy test and was so happy. Went in for my first appointment at 7 weeks and there was no heartbeat but yolk sac and everything. I wanted to wait and did get a another u/s a week later and still no hb. My HCG was decreasing but still no bleeding. 2 weeks later and still nothing, my OB suggested a d&c since it seemed that in this case, my body wasn't getting the message that there was no viable baby. I had a d&c and 2 months later, I was pregnant again.. my baby girl is in my arms right now..
So if your body is not getting the message like mine was, perhaps a d&c may be your next best option. I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy