Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 08:48 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,721,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There's your answer. You wold regret having an abortion for the very same reason, you would be giving up your baby. The difference is only 8 months time.

The media portrays abortion as glamorous and trendy. It's not. It's a lifetime of regret, all around. That memory will always BE there.

The fact that you are already thinking about finances, mothering and help shows you CAN do this. Your mind is already trying to figure out your life with a baby in it.
I've never seen any media that portrays abortion as glamorous and trendy. What you posted looks more like satire or an attempt dark humor (I'm NOT saying it's a funny topic) to me and not an attempt to make it "glamorous and trendy".

I've had friends that have had abortions (decades ago) and have no regret. It was the right decision for them at the time. Not everyone will regret that choice.

I have no clue what the right decision is for the OP but I wish her the best with whatever path she takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 12:47 PM

229 posts, read 460,991 times
I have to admit that I am personally pro-choice, and if I were pregnant at 22, with no job, no education and by a total loser my idea would have been easier. But due to the fact that I am 32, fully employed, educated, and the dad, although not the love of my life, but I think he'd be a good dad, I decided to keep the baby.

I am not sure his dad and I will get along; I know there will be times when I will wonder whether life could have been different, easier for me, but I also know that I am very picky with choosing a life partner and I may go on for years looking for perfection until it's too late to have a child. I think I am ready to be a mom, and will accept his dad's help to the extent that he can give it to me, unless it comes at the cost of emotional abuse.

Life is super unsure and scary from now on, but I can't focus on imaginary problems. I'll tackle them as they come. Now I'm trying to put one foot in front of the other and do my best. Thank you all for your support!

If you have other ideas, thoughts or experiences you'd like to share, please feel welcome to. I like to know about other people's lives.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:51 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,492,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marketa View Post
I have to admit that I am personally pro-choice, and if I were pregnant at 22, with no job, no education and by a total loser my idea would have been easier. But due to the fact that I am 32, fully employed, educated, and the dad, although not the love of my life, but I think he'd be a good dad, I decided to keep the baby.

I am not sure his dad and I will get along; I know there will be times when I will wonder whether life could have been different, easier for me, but I also know that I am very picky with choosing a life partner and I may go on for years looking for perfection until it's too late to have a child. I think I am ready to be a mom, and will accept his dad's help to the extent that he can give it to me, unless it comes at the cost of emotional abuse.

Life is super unsure and scary from now on, but I can't focus on imaginary problems. I'll tackle them as they come. Now I'm trying to put one foot in front of the other and do my best. Thank you all for your support!

If you have other ideas, thoughts or experiences you'd like to share, please feel welcome to. I like to know about other people's lives.

You will be FINE! Best of luck to you and your child. I was a single mother for a time. Reach out to me if you need support.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
You will be FINE! Best of luck to you and your child. I was a single mother for a time. Reach out to me if you need support.
Thank you! I may need support, in fact I'm almost sure I will need it. So thank you for your kind thoughts!

Old 09-30-2017, 12:29 AM

2,678 posts, read 2,077,950 times
Since you decided to stay pregnant pleaase put the babies father's name on the birth certificate so that you can get child support from him.

When the condom came off he would have felt it. That he says he didn't feel it come off is a bad sign. I hope you were not the victim of "stealthing".

Old 09-30-2017, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Since you decided to stay pregnant pleaase put the babies father's name on the birth certificate so that you can get child support from him.

When the condom came off he would have felt it. That he says he didn't feel it come off is a bad sign. I hope you were not the victim of "stealthing".

If stealthing is what happened, I'm not sure who the victim is, lol. Fingers crossed to not need to get there but in most cases I am not a victim

Old 09-30-2017, 01:58 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,431,293 times
Quote:

Congratulations! I'm happy for you!

Old 09-30-2017, 04:20 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,628,342 times
Quote:

Congratulations and best wishes to you. Your baby will have a thoughtful, loving, strong mom, which is a great way to enter the world.

And you are exhibiting the essence of being pro-choice. You've weighed the options and have decided on the best course for you and your child. Glad you had the opportunity to do so.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:56 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,821,557 times
Congratulations! I have a hunch that your baby is going to be a great blessing to you - and you to him or her.

As for life being uncertain and scary - well, that's life, with or without an unplanned "volunteer" baby. However, by making the choice you did, you have eliminated some of the uncertainty - you're going to be a mom; a baby is on the way - and you can prepare for that future, I hope joyfully.

Very best wishes to you and the little one.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:05 PM

Thank you all for all your kindness and support. Sometimes things don't work the way we want to. I ended up having a miscarriage. In a way, the decision decision was made for me. I'm just praying for the opportunity to actually give birth to a healthy baby one day. But until then I guess I'll try to find something to learn from it. I think I can provide good support to anyone who is going through any of the experiences I've been through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy