Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
kera, I think you can learn all you need to know online.

The bottom line is - when you're ovulating (around day 14 of your cycle, as you mentioned earlier) it's normal to feel hormonal and sort of "pregnant". But those are symptoms of ovulation, not pregnancy.

The first very very early symptoms of pregnancy will happen on about day 25, a few days before your period is due, and those will increase dramatically over the next month.

Women who say "I knew I was pregnant on day 14" were feeling ovulation symptoms. You aren't pregnant yet on day 14.

How long have you been trying?

Here's a tip that you won't hear often, but I was a labor coach and child birth instructor - and I believe it to be true. Big swings in blood sugar levels cause minor infertility problems. If you cut out as much processed sugar as you can, your chances of getting pregnant quickly increase. Those wild ups and downs of sugar somehow affect fertility.

Best wishes!
I'm quoting myself to answer the anonymous question I received (why in the world do people send you questions anonymously? Don't get it) stating "how can you ovulate on day 14 of pregnancy"?

You don't. You ovulate on day 14 of your cycle.

Then, if you get pregnant during that cycle, around day 30 of that cycle you can take a pregnancy test and it will be positive.

Day 14, when you ovulate, shares symptoms of being pregnant like nausea, tender breasts, etc. But you aren't pregnant, you're ovulating. Maybe you'll BECOME pregnant.

So. There are women who experience those ovulation symptoms and then later in their cycle they become pregnant and they state "I knew I was pregnant from day 14".

They didn't. They just experienced pregnancy like symptoms during ovulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 06:54 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm quoting myself to answer the anonymous question I received (why in the world do people send you questions anonymously? Don't get it) stating "how can you ovulate on day 14 of pregnancy"?

You don't. You ovulate on day 14 of your cycle.

Then, if you get pregnant during that cycle, around day 30 of that cycle you can take a pregnancy test and it will be positive.

Day 14, when you ovulate, shares symptoms of being pregnant like nausea, tender breasts, etc. But you aren't pregnant, you're ovulating. Maybe you'll BECOME pregnant.

So. There are women who experience those ovulation symptoms and then later in their cycle they become pregnant and they state "I knew I was pregnant from day 14".

They didn't. They just experienced pregnancy like symptoms during ovulation.
All true except that the new tests are so sensitive you can test almost a week earlier than that and still get an accurate result.

Or you can be like me and start puking your guts out by 8 dpo and not stop until after delivery.

OP, I'm sorry about the miscarriage and I know that it's so hard to experience those feelings when you want nothing more in life but to be pregnant with a strong healthy full term pregnancy. I hope very much that happens for you soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy