U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 04:43 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,357,550 times

Advertisements

Trying to Conceive (TTC) can be full of excitement, anxiety, frustration, hope and many more emotions while we wait in anticipation. Sometimes its difficult to talk about this topic with friends and family. I wanted to make this thread for others who are in this TTC stage of life. To talk about anything you want from venting to sharing new experiences and hopes

Just a place to share our journey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 12:53 PM

3,672 posts, read 5,825,295 times
Just started about a month ago! I had a Mirena IUD for four years prior to that. I stopped getting a regular period while on Mirena so it will be difficult for me to know whether I'm pregnant until my cycle normalizes.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:01 AM

No one was writing in this thread, so I thought it was a bad idea.

I am ttc after recent miscarriage. Its been 3 months, I have added a new task every month hoping that will make it happen. Started measuring my temperature last month. I didn't do very good last month as I often forgot to sleep with the thermometer next to me. It was a fail effort as I had many missing data point plus the app I was using for graphing wasn't nice. But this month, I am much better. I downloaded an app that I like & it gives graph per cycle. I am still middle of my cycle. Lets see

I also purchased OPK strips from Amazon. But I have not got use to it yet

Old 12-14-2017, 02:08 PM

I get easily stressed during ovulation. Anyone else feel that? I never noticed it until I started this TTC 3 months ago. First month, I thought it was bad timing. Someone in family got sick & I felt stressed just dealing with family. The 2nd month is when I notice I easily get stressed out by things that normally would not make me stress & its around ovulation time. This month I know for sure it is ovulation.

Old 03-04-2018, 09:56 PM

This is getting frustrating. I started again in October, then Nov,,,, then skipped ovulation all together in Dec which threw me off in Jan but I had all the right timing in Feb but it still didn't come true.

Part of me wants to give up, its been 2+ years and in truth 3 years. I want to give up and just enjoy my life. Be carefree instead of charting and analyzing every body symptom real or in my head during the 2 week wait. I feel defeated and even worst when my mom keeps saying "you are pregnant, I know you are, your not telling me". I want to quit and focus on my body but I have it in my head that I shouldn't work out too hard during 2 weeks wait so I go on "relax" mode for half a month and then when my effort fails, I go back to gym focusing on weight loss. I know losing weight will help. But too many area has my attention right now with TTC being the top of the list. Really hard to do anything else

Old 03-05-2018, 06:26 AM

4,277 posts, read 3,134,596 times
Have you seen your doctor? Some blood tests and a semen analysis for your partner could shed some light on things. But the chances each month are pretty small... in 12 months, 80% of couples having regular, unprotected sec will get pregnant. If you e been doing that for two years, it’s time to see a doctor.

It took us 20 months to get pregnant the first time. My periods were (and still are) irregular and it was so frustrating. I got pregnant extremely easily after having my son, though... three pregnancies in four years (two were miscarriages and the other was my daughter). Our bodies can be exasperating.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Have you seen your doctor? Some blood tests and a semen analysis for your partner could shed some light on things. But the chances each month are pretty small... in 12 months, 80% of couples having regular, unprotected sec will get pregnant. If you e been doing that for two years, it’s time to see a doctor.

It took us 20 months to get pregnant the first time. My periods were (and still are) irregular and it was so frustrating. I got pregnant extremely easily after having my son, though... three pregnancies in four years (two were miscarriages and the other was my daughter). Our bodies can be exasperating.
I don't know when is the right time to see a doc. After trying for almost 2 years unsuccessfully, I went to see OBGYN. I got the prescription for blood work and semen analysis but I got pregnant that very month. so no need for the test, I continued to see the doctor for next 3 months until I lost the baby.

Now I don't know how long I should wait before I see the doc again? Although we don't have a baby after trying for almost 3 years now, we did get pregnant. I have friends who got pregnant with in few cycles after miscarriage. Its been 6 month since I had the miscarriage but I also skipped an ovulation & took 1.5 month to recover from miscarriage. When I calculate how many cycles its actually been since my miscarriage, its only 4 real cycle, not too bad. But when I think about not having baby for 3 years of trying, it feels like FOREVER. I don't have irregular period, I get period on the dot at 28 days with 1 skip ovulation in December. It is like clockwork

How long did it take you to get pregnant after your first pregnancy? I am sorry you had 2 miscarriage. The one miscarriage really did a number on me emotionally.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Emotion is such a crazy thing. Here I was super depress getting my period when I thought everything went right this month. But 2 days later, I feel calm & not depress at all. Truth be told, I am going on a trip to Japan and China for 2 weeks. This was pre planned but I been super scared of being pregnant during this trip in the land of sushi which we are not suppose to eat. Part of me wanted to be pregnant cuz who can wait but part of me was scared. Now I can enjoy this trip without worrying because if I got pregnant and then lost the baby for whatever reason, I would feel so guilty that I might give up traveling.

I feel better now. Life is not too bad

Old 03-06-2018, 11:36 AM

4,277 posts, read 3,134,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I don't know when is the right time to see a doc. After trying for almost 2 years unsuccessfully, I went to see OBGYN. I got the prescription for blood work and semen analysis but I got pregnant that very month. so no need for the test, I continued to see the doctor for next 3 months until I lost the baby.

Now I don't know how long I should wait before I see the doc again? Although we don't have a baby after trying for almost 3 years now, we did get pregnant. I have friends who got pregnant with in few cycles after miscarriage. Its been 6 month since I had the miscarriage but I also skipped an ovulation & took 1.5 month to recover from miscarriage. When I calculate how many cycles its actually been since my miscarriage, its only 4 real cycle, not too bad. But when I think about not having baby for 3 years of trying, it feels like FOREVER. I don't have irregular period, I get period on the dot at 28 days with 1 skip ovulation in December. It is like clockwork

How long did it take you to get pregnant after your first pregnancy? I am sorry you had 2 miscarriage. The one miscarriage really did a number on me emotionally.
One pregnancy in three years of trying doesn't seem like things are progressing normally, but it does mean that you are able to get pregnant. I think you should go back to the doctor if six cycles pass and you don't get pregnant again. It also depends on how old you are... if you're in your 30s, I'd be more insistent about the tests. In your 20s, the doctor might want you to wait another year... but really, it took long enough before the first pregnancy that you should be checked for hormone issues and so on. Are you charting your temperatures? If you are, bring your charts with you to the doctor. Low post-ovulation temps could mean low progesterone and there are other issues that could be caught by just looking at your temps.

It took 20 months to get pregnant with my son. I charted for about a year of that time.

When he was a year old, I got pregnant again (unintentionally meaning we weren't taking active steps to prevent pregnancy, but I kept a casual eye on my cycle and tended to avoid my most fertile times) and had a miscarriage at 7 weeks.

Three months later I got pregnant with my daughter (my OB had suggested waiting three months so we got pregnant the first try).

I very much unintentionally got pregnant when she was two... we were preventing but I guess we slipped up somewhere! I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks.

We chose not to try again at all after that and have been actively preventing since then (my youngest is turning 15 next month).

Old 03-20-2018, 03:05 PM

838 posts, read 968,461 times
I just wanted to share that I conceived fast using Vitex and Maca...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy