U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:52 AM

582 posts, read 184,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I think you have EVERY right to be concerned for them. You are the GRANDPA are you not?
Maybe you can see the heartache coming down the tubes, and there's nothing wrong with being concerned about that. This is your grandchild...it's good that you care.

Thank you.

I've seen it. I've lived it..... Wife went from "what the ***** is this, this is a joke, right?" when her then 18yo son slid the ultrasound picture across the table to her. To so proud that he married the girl and is in total grandma (Oma for her) mode. Reason to purposely make child #2..... so they are close in age.... Now at 22 and 21, they are purposely trying for kid #2. I really don't get it....they can only afford one car and have to work separate shifts because they can't afford daycare. But he couldn't go to college because they made a baby (beautiful baby by the way and I like being Grandpa), then she quit college so they could buy the big house with no furniture, decided they needed a dog, so they bought two, seriously, and now his employer is most likely sending him from CT to VA for the rest of the year.... So his wife and almost 3 year old, will see dad for one weekend a month for the rest of the year, and she is stuck with taking care of the 3 year old, may have to quit her job (her half brother and girlfriend moved in but stepson wants to kick them out after one month) to care for kid #1. They have no trash pickup, nobody to cut the lawn if he goes to VA, and in two months of home ownership only painted two rooms. The painting I understand because the almost 3 year old takes up 95% of the parent at home's time.

I have no control or authority, or opinion. I'm step dad. He has two parents. She has two parents, who were married, made her, got divorced, her dad made two kids with another woman, they split up and DIL's parents got back together and remarried, are divorced again, he had another woman move in to his apartment, and there are like 6 other kids floating around between her two parents that are half siblings to her..... But this is normal, right?

I just post here to vent....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 01:28 PM

6,723 posts, read 2,615,382 times
Well, the good news is by the time couples resort to buying "lots" of ovulation predictors, they're typically having serious trouble getting pregnant.

I understand your concerns. They don't sound like they're making sound decisions in general.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:04 AM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post

I have no control or authority, or opinion. I'm step dad. He has two parents. She has two parents, who were married, made her, got divorced, her dad made two kids with another woman, they split up and DIL's parents got back together and remarried, are divorced again, he had another woman move in to his apartment, and there are like 6 other kids floating around between her two parents that are half siblings to her..... But this is normal, right?

I just post here to vent....
Yes, sadly it does seem "to be the norm"...more so than not!
It's hard to hold your tongue when you see your children making very poor choices in life...unless they ask for your guidance or opinion they most times DO NOT appreciate it at all. They think you should mind your own business...as if a grandchild isn't your business.

Not much you can do though,,,just go with the flow, and be there for the grandchildren who have no voice in what happens...try to make it easier for them.
It's very frustrating I know, but the wisdom of the elders is no longer even a consideration in these me, me, me, me, times.

You have every right and reason to vent....feel free

Old 10-05-2018, 12:53 PM

44 posts, read 9,412 times
Some folks also use ovulation sticks as cheap pregnancy tests, though I don't think that makes you feel any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy