Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 02:01 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,708,564 times

Advertisements

As some of you saw in my other thread, my pregnancy has been declared as nonviable. The baby stopped growing around 7 weeks and I found out in my 9 week scan. It has been over a week and I still don't have any bleeding. The doctor told me it can take some time. I have heard stories of women miscarrying with in a week to women waiting over month & not miscarrying.

I would like to know from those who have been thru this process..
  1. How long did it take you to fully miscarry
  2. Is there anything you did that you believed helped you? I read things from herbal tea to acupuncture to working out? I know none of those methods are scientifically proven but anything you believe helped
  3. Anything advise you can give someone who is waiting to miscarry, either on speeding things up or ways to help body recover (such as is it not good idea to push oneself to workout, should one take iron pill?..etc)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 02:12 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,417,590 times
Sorry you're going thru this - years ago mine was spontaneous - I suspected something was wrong bc of the bleeding and pain - I was prob. 8-9 weeks along but probably every case is different. Having a mis isn't uncommon and I did go onto have other pregnancies / children. Take good care -

Old 08-05-2017, 08:05 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,543,963 times
I'm so sorry.

I had this happen, and they scheduled a D&C. I was under general anesthesia, fortunately, and it was a quick recovery. If nothing happens by Monday, you should call your doctor again.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:36 AM

338 posts, read 310,580 times
There's no telling how long it will take for you, unfortunately. If you don't feel comfortable waiting for it to happen naturally, there is a pill the doctor can prescribe to initiate the process, or you can schedule a d&c at a hospital or clinic. There are pros and cons to each option, but the pill and the surgery give you some control over *when* it happens. As to recovery, just make sure your body/mind gets the rest and the time it needs to heal.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the response. My doctor did inform me about the pill option. I wanted to try natural first before it becomes unbearable. I still have some patience left but I am also getting anxious as the wait & checking myself after every bathroom use is getting to me

I have been walking extensively. I notice when I walk, I spot bit more. 2 days ago I couldn't walk more than 15 minute without getting tired but yesterday i pushed myself to half hour & i saw myself spot bit more but still not proper blood. Then I went to park for few hour. Today i went for 10 mile hike and few more hour in mall afterward, I see the spots increasing but I am not sure if its just time or due to all my extra walking. I hope doing excess workout is not bad for my body at this time.

Old 08-06-2017, 09:21 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,178,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm so sorry.

I had this happen, and they scheduled a D&C. I was under general anesthesia, fortunately, and it was a quick recovery. If nothing happens by Monday, you should call your doctor again.
Had the same experience as above with a pregnancy between children #1 and #2.

Sorry for your loss, OP.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:00 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,224 times
I hope your doctor keeps up with you on this. I don't know the implications of how this impacts your body when you aren't supporting a fetus anymore. Are there side effects that'll impact your health?

This happened to me. I had a D & C. They called it a 'missed abortion'. Who knows why it happened. Now with years and time the pain has lessened. But at the time it was horrible to go through. Mine was at 20 weeks. I had already told family and friends about the pregnancy and yeah. . . It was deeply wanted and planned. Difficult to get pregnant, too so there was that. It was a huge loss. I can't even begin to tell you about depression when you lose your baby like that.

Prayers to you.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
I had two early miscarriages, and my doctor's advice was to miscarry naturally if at all possible, which I did.

His thought was then you'd know for sure the baby wasn't viable. There are some women who have a DNC and have a nagging feeling that maybe the baby actually was viable, that they reacted too soon.

In my case, waiting for nature to take its course turned out to be the best way to handle it. The fact that you're spotting is a sign it's happening.

Best wishes. This is hard.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:07 PM

Thanks everyone, I think I miscarried last night. I do feel much better now. I tried reading and preparing as much as I can for last 2 weeks but each women experiences it so differently, its hard to know how it will be for you. I have follow up appointment next week. I will know then if everything is out.

I felt tired yesterday but I figure it was due to the 30,000 steps I took on Sunday. I went home & went to bed early. But around 10pm I started feeling cramp. I tired different sleep position, different yoga move, walking around the like mad women for 2 hours. To calm me down, hubby gave me belly massage & that's when I realize the cramp I was feeling has turned into contraction. I timed it. I was having contraction every minute for a minute. One minute on, one minute off. I decided to go sit in toilet but that made me feel even worst. After 3 contraction in toilet with tiny blood per contraction, I ran out of bathroom crying & shaking from pain. I reached for Advil (I don't know why I didn't take medication before). As soon as I took pain killer, I stopped feeling pain but I can feel the contraction in my belly. I laid in bed, body shaking, cold with my blanket on still with tears in my eyes, fuzzy vision. Few minute later I realize everything feels more stable now, I feel better. I decided its time to go to bathroom & see if there is any more blood. To my surprise the placenta with embryo came out. It was just one large chunk.

I am at work today, not sure why I am here. Not getting much done

Old 08-08-2017, 05:20 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,690,224 times
Best to go for a check up and make sure everything is cleaned out. .. . Especially if you want to get pregnant again. You'll also be given advice on letting your body recover and how long that is.

Talk it out with your husband. It is a traumatic experience and I'm sure he has his own concerns / feelings to address.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy