Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 12:35 PM

376 posts, read 320,213 times

Advertisements

I was always regular and knew to the day when I was going to get my period. We tried for years to get pregnant and went through the gauntlet of tests and procedures. Finally gave up. A month later, a day after I was supposed to get my period I knew I was pregnant. My breasts were more sensitive and I just KNEW. Two tests confirmed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2023, 10:43 AM

83 posts, read 67,780 times
The first symptoms of pregnancy are highly individual, and some women might not experience them at all. According to fertility experts and professional apps like the iyoni app, these initial symptoms could be experienced as early as 10 days past ovulation (DPO). Tests taken earlier than this might provide false results

Old 07-27-2023, 11:08 AM

1,029 posts, read 561,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
As some ppl might know, my husband & I have been married for almost 2 years. He’s a little older than I am & we’ve been talking for the last several months about stopping our birth control to plan a pregnancy. We did transition to a barrier method first. I don’t want to get too excited yet BUT, I’m a couple days late & I’m super anxious to take a pregnancy test tomorrow.

My friend is telling me she KNEW she was pregnant before the test because of breast tenderness & nausea….but IMO, it would be super early to notice changes. Did anybody here feel differently & know they were pregnant before they took a test? It’s like she is telling me…oh, you aren’t pregnant. I told her I feel canceled.
I did. It started out with a very metallic taste in my mouth (because I remember complaining to my husband why the Listerine mouthwash we just bought tasted weird this time.), very sore (with a bit lumpy feeling which concerned me with a possible c word.) breasts. I didn’t have nausea (yet) but the metallic taste was enough to make me feel there was something going on with my body. I told my husband, he immediately said “you’re pregnant.” We weren’t trying at the time and I was always very regular.-it was absolutely a pleasant surprise: our very impatient daughter.

He went to get about 10 pregnancy tests, 8 of 10 were positive.

Good luck!

Old 09-18-2023, 10:27 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Thank you so much Nina! Ofc my husband acknowledges he is married…he wears a ring every day, AND he is over the moon about our baby. Both of us are super happy & spreading the news to our friends & families. Everyone is excited on both sides AND it will be the 1st grandchild for my parents. We’re due Dec. 3rd!!

Was thinking about you, wondering how your pregnancy is going. I can't believe it's almost October! You're on the last legs of carrying your baby. Sleeping will get harder and harder. I highly recommend a chiro to get your pelvis ready to deliver. I regularly saw a chiro when pregnant with my daughter, I swear her easy birth was helped by my pelvis being aligned. I was given pitocen to start labor, less than 2 hours later we almost didn't make the delivery room when she came out as we got there. The doctor was able to catch her.

I was then discharged in less than 24 hours, went to our friends wedding, actually danced.

My first birth was so different, I had issues pushing him out. I didn't see a chiro with my son.

I know other women who also saw a chiro, they also had fairly easy births.

Old 09-18-2023, 11:37 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Was thinking about you, wondering how your pregnancy is going. I can't believe it's almost October! You're on the last legs of carrying your baby. Sleeping will get harder and harder. I highly recommend a chiro to get your pelvis ready to deliver. I regularly saw a chiro when pregnant with my daughter, I swear her easy birth was helped by my pelvis being aligned. I was given pitocen to start labor, less than 2 hours later we almost didn't make the delivery room when she came out as we got there. The doctor was able to catch her.

I was then discharged in less than 24 hours, went to our friends wedding, actually danced.

My first birth was so different, I had issues pushing him out. I didn't see a chiro with my son.

I know other women who also saw a chiro, they also had fairly easy births.
There is nothing a chiropractor can do to "align" your pelvis for childbirth.

You only have one first delivery.

Old 09-19-2023, 06:42 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Wow, I just noticed this thread. I’m very excited for you, OP. The first baby is such a precious and exciting time. Back when I was having babies, we didn’t have ultrasounds, so the sex of the baby was a total surprise.

Aren’t you just dying to meet the little person, and see what they look like?

Old 03-04-2024, 02:52 PM

136 posts, read 98,012 times
Any news?

Old 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenie66 View Post
Any news?
OP hasn’t posted since June of last year. She’s not a member any longer.

Old 03-11-2024, 12:30 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
OP hasn’t posted since June of last year. She’s not a member any longer.

She is not banned any more. The way to tell is if you can give someone a rep comment, they are a member. If they are banned/not a member, the reputation scale is not there in any reply they've done.

There are a lot of people who still say not a member by their name. I don't know why it doesn't correct when the ban is lifted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy