Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:58 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
If my husband weren't so opposed to uprooting the kids from "everything they have ever known", their friends and their environment, I would pick up and move back to Asia where I was born, grew up and life was much much simpler.
Not to hijack the thread, but I have told this same thing to my dh for along the same reasons. I lived in Korea for a short while & was able to travel to other Asian countries during my time there. Upon returning to the US, while I was happy to be back near family, it took some time to assimilate back into the US "culture" & what was deemed "important" in the US culture.

There are many reasons to be proud & blessed to live in this country, but at the same time, it has come with a high price due to its obsession with instant gratification & gluttony of materialism.

I do wonder if our children would be better off in another country but that comes with its own set of issues.

I guess all my dh & I can do right now is try to instill the right amount of ethics/morals/behavior & be good role models. We will try to give them the wings they need to fly away & live good lives.

I'm also thankful I have boys.

These girls in this article has obviously not received the paternal care that they deserved. It's unfortunate they made such an unwise & dangerous decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:49 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Well, when you have idiots like Britney Spears' 17 year old sister having a baby, what do you expect? These silly girls see 'stars' getting pregnant and staying popular and happy....of course they think their little lives will be the same. Sad.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:52 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,575,830 times
Will someone show them how to use a condom at that school please!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:21 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
The condom does not matter as they wanted to get pregnant, this has nothing to do with sex education. They did not accidently get pregnant.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:49 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Along with sex-ed there needs to be a parenting class. Have these kids take 2 weeks doing nothing but caring for a baby and working at Micky Ds. Instead of hanging out at the mall, going to movies, watching TV, etc. they can spend their days and nights, feeding, changing diapers, sucking out snot, being puked on, walking the floors, etc. Maybe some reality before its too late might work.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:13 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
They have that same stuff here, see teens out walking with their pretend babies during certian times of the year.

It does not work, we still have one of the highest tenn pregnancy rates in the country.

The kids know exactly what the consequences are, they do this on purpose. They know they and their kid will be the center of attention for years to come, they know they will be getting social benefits that otherwise they would have to work for and they know about any guy will still screw them regardless if they have a kid or not.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
K350
I dont mean a pretend baby. A real one and a real job.
Maybe we should bring back the days when unwed mothers were shipped off to homes until delivery and their babies put up for adoption. Sounds cruel, but coddling them sure dosent seem to be working. In my day girls tried NOT to get pregnant.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:44 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,510,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
They have that same stuff here, see teens out walking with their pretend babies during certian times of the year.
Yea but those are pretend babies that you can turn off

I say start really young at like age 9 and take them to the hospital to see someone dying of AIDS then take them to the morgue. I bet they won't think about sex for a long time.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM

3,360 posts, read 12,269,233 times
I saw there's a new reality tv program coming out soon that shows teens having to care for real babies and all the frustrations entailed. This may help dispell some of the appeal which kids were influenced by this past year from the Hollywood baby boom.

My bigger concern is that we are raising a bunch of mindless 'followers', now that's scary.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:43 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,567 times
I think to many girls fall in love with the idea of the word pregnant as well as the idea. They see things on TV where it's happy fun times and not that hard. It is a big wake up call when you in the middle of dreamland and you haer baby cries, and over time that can wear on people. I thought I knew alot when we got pregnant but let me tell you it's an eye opening thing. Also, I used the term we because I was there for my wife. If she needed something i went to get it, does anyone think these baby daddies are going to stick around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy