U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 AM

1,009 posts, read 2,099,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i think t's time we faced the fact--we are raising a bunch of idiots who have no prospects for a future
You must know my nieces and nephews....all on the wife's side of course.

This is the year I've finally cut them all off. I've spent years trying to kick them up a notch, teach them real life and how bloody hard it is. Not one, not one, made it past seventeen without getting (or getting someone) pregnant. Now my own two kids (first marriage) made it ok, off to school to whatever future they hold with no kids to worry about. But with these kids it didn't work, the mentality was too cemented in, rewarded even.

Last edited by Bazzwell; 06-21-2008 at 01:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 01:57 AM

1,023 posts, read 2,731,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i think t's time we faced the fact--we are raising a bunch of idiots who have no prospects for a future
No lie!

This story makes me so flippin' mad!

It absolutley boggles my mind to think that these idotic girls would get pregnant on purpose, so they could play house!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:54 PM

793 posts, read 1,416,080 times
And the pack isn't only just this Highschool. There are many HS like this accross the nation. Funny they talk much about it on the news.

I wonder if 2008 will be a baby boom year. Time will tell. Maybe some of those babies will become my son or daughter-in law one day. Hope they be smarter then their own parents, in that case single mom.

I am not sayin every teen mom there, will be bad parents, cause I am sure some of them will do well despite the odds.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:43 AM

64 posts, read 128,432 times
It turns out it wasn't a pact, that was a rumor spread around by the principle for, as of yet, unknown reasons.

But still. I am a teen mom... it ain't all sunshine and butterflies. Some of the girls DID get pregnant on purpose, some as unprotected accidents, and some from true accidents. It's a damn shame.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:50 AM

636 posts, read 846,320 times
What happen to all the shotgun dads?

Old 06-24-2008, 07:40 AM

3,364 posts, read 5,341,259 times
Free daycare is available to these girls in high school. In some states, they advertise that you can "bring your baby on the bus". They are given WIC automatically and a welfare check, even though they live with their parents. People throw them huge, elaborate baby showers.

When I was a teenager, my older sister's best friend got pregnant 3 months before HS graduation. My mom wouldn't let her attend the baby shower (no one else showed up either), but let her send her a gift (unwrapped) because it "wasn't something to celebrate".

They have people to look up to like the Spears girl who gets to keep her show and they "work around" her pregnancy. The Reba sitcom where the mom's a doormat and life is lovely. If you get pregnant, the star quarterback will marry you, you can live with mom and go to college while having brand new beautiful clothes and your baby is only around 2 minutes a day and only cries in ONE episode.

Shame has all but disappeared in our society. And we're paying the price.

As to what happens to the dads, well they're just as stupid and uninformed. My 34 year old cousin became a Grandmother about a month ago. Her son's gf decided she was mad at him during labor and delivery, didn't call him until 12 hours after the birth, wouldn't allow him to see the baby and denied he was the father when he asked to sign the birth certificate. Genius boy decided to move out of state to live with his dad and had a new gf in days. The mother of his child now wants him back and has promised to send the baby to him for 3 weeks every other month starting in August.

By what? Courier?! He lives 4 states away and he and his former teen dad can't afford to put a new battery in the truck my uncle (his grandpa) just bought him! But he believes that because he wanted to sign the birth certificate, he's a good dad. He has never seen the child, doesn't pay support and thinks his new gf's mom is a bi*** for "making" them sneak around to see each other... genius. The "baby momma" lives with her parents, has a new bf, texts her ex several times a day asking him to come back and is planning on going back for her sophomore year (she HAD to drop out the day she found out she was pregnant and rest - no, a doctor didn't tell her this) but is upset that she didn't receive the designer ($350) diaper bag she registered for online. Ummm... your parents are minimum wage workers, you and the daddy couldn't be bothered to get jobs (it's so HAAARD!), but a $350 diaper bag?!

Shame... it's a concept that we need to bring back.

Now!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 PM

1,874 posts, read 365,175 times
I saw that, that is not cool.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 AM

73 posts, read 182,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I also attended a prestigous all girls Catholic HS. We had 6 pregnant graduating seniors.......
Not sure which Catholic HS that is, but I know that if there were any signs of pregnancy at the one I went to - the girl was immediately expelled. Granted there was 1 or 2 that were only a couple weeks pregnant that nobody even knew during graduation. But it was a well known fact at the school - get knocked up and you're out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy