Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:24 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,101,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatar1 View Post

Was I so stupid that I married a man who just wanted the damn Greencard or have I married a man who loves me
You're the one who knows the answer.
Does he treat you with affection?
Respect?
Delight?
Joy?
Intelligence?
Emotional intimacy?
Spiritual intimacy?
Partnership?
Long-term future partnership?
Sexual excitement?
Sharing?
Cherishing?

Or not?

Your husband "is the air that I breathe"?? Oh. So when he leaves you, will you die from lack of air? YOU are the air that you breathe. Any other perspective leaves you at the entire mercy of forces outside yourself, including your husband, the community, anyone whose life you choose to covet. Grow up. You're not supposed to be 12 years old in puppy love. Take back your power, and live from inside you, not from outside you.

And instead of deliberately making yourself crazy wanting a baby that it's clearly a terrible -- and self-involved -- idea for you to have --
-- consider consulting a divorce lawyer to find out exactly what the positives and negatives of your situation are;
-- consider giving to your three children the love, attention and support you might have given to the infant. When you are a parent, life isn't just about you. Your life is shaped around the covenants you have made with the Universe when you deliberately had your three children;
-- consider moving away from this community or town where you live, to a place where people don't gossip and deride. What anyone thinks is irrelevant to you, but you're making it important. Stop that. Get yourself out of such a destructive environment and learn to step emotionally above the opinions of others. Others' opinions, including mine, are only influences from outside of you, not from the authentic you. Calm down, sit down, listen to quiet music played softly or walk in a quiet forest, an listen to you, your own inner voices. Practice doing that for 15 minutes every day. If you can't do that, then meditate. Remove yourself from this destructive environment you're in, and calm yourself.

Last edited by allforcats; 08-30-2008 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
What in the hell were you thinking? You live in an Arab country and your husband treats you with contempt? Why would you subject your children to this kind of treatment? I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy