Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 07:19 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,223,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
So you're saying that obesity and complications is a CHOICE where pregnancy is not???

Or are you saying that a pregnant woman has it HARDER than obese people???

Or are you saying that obese people should exercise and pregnant people should not???

Or are you saying that you are prejudiced against obese people and you're not against pregnant people???

What, exactly, is the handicap of a pregnant woman??? Women get pregnant knowing the duration of gestation. Women know they will get big and their feet will hurt, yet millions do it without thinking they are handicapped and in need of special privileges.

I'm not in favor of people eating themselves sick, but I'm thinking that pregnancy is a different kind of choice than what drives a person to over-eat (sometimes metabolic, genetic, etc.).

Having small children; how does that rate handicapped parking???

Lazy parents???

You don't read???

I said in a previous post it should be a "courtesy" spot NOT a "handicap."

BUT if a fat person who eats themselves into a "disabled" and "handicap" position, then a pregnant woman deserves a CLOSER spot before the gluttonus person for sure!!!!!

I agree with Beanandpumpkin. This is a waste of time. It is said that people want to argue about this!

What a sad place we live in. Selfish and mean people everywhere I turn. I know there are more good than bad though. I haven't given up on you all yet

Go ahead and badmouth. I'm done on this thread. How sad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 07:32 PM

515 posts, read 1,328,377 times
I'm pretty much done on this thread as well. Most people in here seem to be selfish parents who stoop to insults to get their points across. Obviously they don't have the brains to debate respectfully.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
I'm pretty much done on this thread as well. Most people in here seem to be selfish parents who stoop to insults to get their points across. Obviously they don't have the brains to debate respectfully.

Sounds like you have the insults down pat

Old 02-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Sounds like you need emoticons to get your point across. Vocabulary, anyone?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,059,543 times
Cherry, don't let her bother you. She always does that.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 PM

It doesn't. I'm just expressing what I think about the topic.

However, I believe I am now done with this thread!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
You don't read???

I said in a previous post it should be a "courtesy" spot NOT a "handicap."

BUT if a fat person who eats themselves into a "disabled" and "handicap" position, then a pregnant woman deserves a CLOSER spot before the gluttonus person for sure!!!!!

I agree with Beanandpumpkin. This is a waste of time. It is said that people want to argue about this!

What a sad place we live in. Selfish and mean people everywhere I turn. I know there are more good than bad though. I haven't given up on you all yet

Go ahead and badmouth. I'm done on this thread. How sad

This is funny. Why are you arguing then?

And a handicap spot IS a courtesy spot. Same thing. It's a courtesy to the handicapped to have a space close to the door.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
No need for a special parking space, because it isn't a handicap, normally. And for those women that have such difficulty with it that they actually need a handicapped parking space, get your doctor to say you need a temporary permit. Otherwise, a normally pregnant woman doesn't need a special parking space. Walking is good for you.
I couldn't have said it better myself

Old 02-12-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Cherry, don't let her bother you. She always does that.

Oh please! I am a person on here who has GOOD intentions NOT trying to debate and insult people. I am a person who sees good and wants to help ALL people!

What is it that I "always do?"

Did I point out that someone insinuated that I was throwing out insults yet it was THEM who in fact was?

Who cares. This is a sad thread. YES disabled people need to park close. But so do pregnant women. Many places DO offer that, not just Baby's R Us.

Oh boy (I won't put an emotion thingy up lol)

I am nice. Please don't take otherwise.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post

I am nice. Please don't take otherwise.
Then why are you always so angry and insultive to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy