Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:46 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
Those people saying it gives people a job are idiots. Get off your pedestal.
I said it gives someone a job.

I am not an idiot.

If someone is out there for 1/2 hour collecting carts, they just got PAID to collect carts.

That is what a job is, getting paid for doing some sort of work.

There is no one getting paid to collect carts at the Waldbaums where I used to shop in Brooklyn NY because the carts are not allowed into the parking lot.

Why aren't they?

Because people kept stealing them.

No problem.

But tell that to the person that USED to collect them and bring them back into the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 10:48 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
I thought your were DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE..?

At least do what you say, will ya?
lol, just found her comment.

After all that, to come back and make a comment about the shopping carts/job issue?
That's hardly the issue here.

I don't know what "DONE" means, lol.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,125,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
There's a lot of upper-body exercises that will burn fat and really get your heart going
Yes, but none compare to actually being able to exercies freely. There could be a fair amount of pain involved in many injuries. I would think that is why many qualify for disability in the first place.

Sort of like when you are 9 months pregnant and you never realized walking could be an issue. But then whammo about 8 months you feel a bit of strain and pain and are just happy it is termporary because some people feel that pain and sufferring ALL the time.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,125,808 times
Quote:
Yeah, just look at the upper bodies of some of those in wheelchairs!!!
Oh yeah, they can be buff. But most of them are quads and have no sensation in the lower back and legs. Not at all the same thing if you have a spinal injury (strain/disc/joint problem) where you are not paraylyzed and certain movements can do further damage not to mention cause a fair amount of pain probably involved.

I again believe it is not pregnant womens concern (or is it jealousy) that fat disabled people get parking spots and the knocked up ninny's don't. It is quite ridiculous to compare someone with an actual PERMANENT disability to a self absorped pregnant ladies disability (which lasts mere weeks on average).

It is quite absurd that a bunch pregnant chicks are whining about fat people taking handicapp parking spots.
Some people on here need to learn to have some compassion for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Last edited by Taboo2; 02-13-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 02-13-2009, 11:33 AM

515 posts, read 1,329,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
I said it gives someone a job.

I am not an idiot.

If someone is out there for 1/2 hour collecting carts, they just got PAID to collect carts.

That is what a job is, getting paid for doing some sort of work.

There is no one getting paid to collect carts at the Waldbaums where I used to shop in Brooklyn NY because the carts are not allowed into the parking lot.

Why aren't they?

Because people kept stealing them.

No problem.

But tell that to the person that USED to collect them and bring them back into the store.

Actually, the person who collects carts also has several other duties as well which they can't perform if they have to go around the parking lot picking up lazy people's carts.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:40 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,064,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Oh yeah, they can be buff. But most of them are quads and have no sensation in the lower back and legs. Not at all the same thing if you have a spinal injury (strain/disc/joint problem) where you are not paraylyzed and certain movements can do further damage not to mention cause a fair amount of pain probably involved.

I again believe it is not pregnant womens concern (or is it jealousy) that fat disabled people get parking spots and the knocked up ninny's don't. It is quite ridiculous to compare someone with an actual PERMANENT disability to a self absorped pregnant ladies disability (which lasts mere weeks on average).

It is quite absurd that a bunch pregnant chicks are whining about fat people taking handicapp parking spots.
Some people on here need to learn to have some compassion for those less fortunate than ourselves.
I agree.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

Completely agree!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:43 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,064,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
Actually, the person who collects carts also has several other duties as well which they can't perform if they have to go around the parking lot picking up lazy people's carts.
Actually, collecting carts is part of the job. Usually bagging is the other part. There are areas specifically designated for carts thoughtout parking lots of most grocery stores, as well as places like Walmart, Target, etc. for people to leave them to be collected by employees.

Nothing lazy about it.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:46 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,424,534 times
I have only ever seen pregnancy parking spaces at a very few places.

Wouldn't it be easier if women during pregnancy who didn't feel or their doctors didn't feel as if they should be walking much just got a temporary hang tag? I have only been aware of two states but Texas and Florida offer a temporary handicap status. I have seen people with broken leg or arms with these tags, clearly they are expected to recover rather then be permanently disabled.

I know when I was pregnant, I was on bed rest for 20 hours a day, I didn't have a hang tag but my doctor would have given me one should I have asked.

This way would make it more fair.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Actually, collecting carts is part of the job. Usually bagging is the other part. There are areas specifically designated for carts thoughtout parking lots of most grocery stores, as well as places like Walmart, Target, etc. for people to leave them to be collected by employees.

Nothing lazy about it.
Bagging, flower wraps, carry outs, parcel pick ups, garbage, floor sweeps, can returns. thel ist goes on and on. So no, carts shouldn't take up half of their shifts because people can't bother to put their carts back.

If they are in the cart designated stall, that's different. but leaving a cart randomly across the parking lot because you can't put it back is wrong and rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy